Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Difficult! They are both the perfect combination of sweet, strong, gentle, and old-fashioned I just adore. I prefer neglected, underused Thomas however. I also rather like the character Doubting Thomas in the bible -- I like the idea of the story encouraging a child to ask questions and think critically :]

august ~ benjamin ~ nathaniel ~ thomas ~ sawyer ~ henry ~ jonas ~ arthur ~ samuel ~ frederick

iris ~ sylvie ~ ella ~ tess ~ cora ~ june ~ adeline ~ viola ~ emmeline ~ rosa

Both names are great but I love Samuel out of the two. You can't go wrong with either name. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    I prefer Thomas to Samuel, but Sam to Tom by such a degree that I'd opt for Samuel (also, it's a really great Bible story).
    Same goes for me, here.
    Amedeo Ariel Dmitri Enjolras
    Artemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania

Quote Originally Posted by axps123 View Post
    Samuel! I like Thomas, but it means "twin,"
    I know a twin named Tommy! Awesome. I never knew that... ha.

Anyway, I prefer Thomas. I like how it sounds. Sam makes me think of Lord of the Rings...
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Thomas! Yep, both are great names but Thomas clinches it for me as I have a relative called Samuel. I also prefer Tom to Sam. But wouldn't Samuel and Thomas would make great twin names? Both 6-letter, 2-syllable biblical names, both Beatrix Potter characters and Thomas means TWIN! I really want someone to have twin boys now so I can suggest that to them