Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The same but Different.

I think the name Joe is very masculine but I think the name Jo is very feminine even though they sound exactly the same.
    My question is do any of you Berries fell that way about some names?
    Thanks.
    Teenage Name Lover with a unhealthy addiction to LOTR

Kitty | Adele | Rose
    Nicholas | Percy | Asa

(\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Catherine and Katherine are very different to me. Catherine is more distinguished in my opinion than Katherine
    Daniel, Dominic, Elliott, Graham, Maxwell, Nicholas, Oscar, Sebastian, Thomas

Bridget, Emilia, Isobel, Joanna, Kate, Lillian, Marina, Ramona, Sofia

Rene and Renee is the first one that comes to mind.

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

Same thing with Katherine and Catherine! I feel Katherine is hard and edgy and Catherine is sweet and soft : ) And I feel totally different about Larkin and Lorcan, but I'm never quite sure which one I like more. Others (first listed being the preferred):

Laila & Leila
    Zoe & Zoey
    Eric & Erick
    Mark & Marc
    Tallulah & Talullah
    Jude Marius-Raphael Benedict-Charles Dominic-William Christian-Damian Joachim

Genevieve Reine-Caterina Lourdes-Madeleine Neve

Honor-Emilia-Afton-Maeve-Hermione-Balthasar-Noel-Arthur-Percy-Leonard

I find Catherine/Katherine/Katharine to all be classically distinguished, although the "K" does make it appear harsher. Kathryn, however, is a completely different name to me and conjures up a different image entirely. I used to cringe when people would ask me my name and spell it that way ( no offense to anyone named Kathryn).

I have the same issue with Anne and Ann. Anne is much more refined and feminine, while Ann seems rougher around the edges.