Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Alice Alternatives

I love the name Alice, but it's way too popular here in England for me to want to consider {it ranked at #32 in 2012} and it's increasing in popularity {#37 in 2011}. I like that Alice is a vintage name and obviously feminine, but also has a level of whimsical/quirkiness to it. I like that it's soft in sound, and has great namesakes. What are some other names that are similar in style to Alice?

I don't want names that sound like Alice {Alina, Beatrice, Alexandra etc}, I want names that are similar in style {vintage yet quirky}. Names with an interesting history {like names from a certain myth or story} are a bonus, but not a requirement. Lúthien is the ideal middle, so it would be nice if it sounded nice with that, but again it's not a requirement.

My top boys names are Arthur, Bram, Ezra, and Caspian, so I'd like it to sound good with those - again, the more whimsical, the better.

Thank you!
    Last edited by sapphires; August 14th, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Cordelia • Adelaide • Marian • Helena • Iris
    Matilda • Juno • Branwen • Ophelia • Rosalind • Penelope • Claudia
    Arthur • Henry • Caspian • Stanley • Justice
    Edmund • Roman • Nathaniel • Sebastian • Albany • Reuben • Thomas

It looks like it is still above #100, are you talking about where you live? I love Alice too. I live in a very trendy city and have yet to meet one (around tons of kids)!

Other names that come to mind: Cora, Aria, Greta, Eloise, Iris, Vera...

Quote Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
    It looks like it is still above #100, are you talking about where you live? I love Alice too. I live in a very trendy city and have yet to meet one (around tons of kids)!

Other names that come to mind: Cora, Aria, Greta, Eloise, Iris, Vera...
    I'm in England, where unfortunately the majority of the "vintage classics" are super popular

Thank you for the suggestions! I like Cora, Aria {although I'm more partial to the Arya spelling due to Eragon, one of my favourite books/movies as a child}, Eloise, and Iris!
    Cordelia • Adelaide • Marian • Helena • Iris
    Matilda • Juno • Branwen • Ophelia • Rosalind • Penelope • Claudia
    Arthur • Henry • Caspian • Stanley • Justice
    Edmund • Roman • Nathaniel • Sebastian • Albany • Reuben • Thomas

I totally get it! This is my post from the other day:

2 weeks to go. For those who care about popularity, come on in!!

It's not easy. Good luck!

Eileen comes to mind. I know you don't want same-soundy, but it also feels sweetly vintage & fresh to me and wide-eyed like Alice.