Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Isabella? Too trendy?

Isabella has always been my favorite girls name since I was little and I also like that it is a variation of Elizabeth, my mother and grandmother's name. DH and I are expecting our first child (don't know gender yet) and when I was going over names with him his favorite Isabella as well. Our major concern with the name is how popular it is! I don't generally mind popular names i.e. other names we are considering include Andrew and Alexander (for a boy) and Caroline, Elizabeth and Charlotte (for girls). I'm just worried that Isabella will appear trendy to others and less of a classic than these names and will sound dated in the future? Any input would be much appreciated!

Full name would most likely be Isabella Katherine Lu.

Thanks!!

I adore the name Isabella, but Twilight forever ruined it for me. That being said, if you and your DH love it, use it.

If you love it, use it, though I'd never use it, primarily because of the popularity (I also tend to prefer Isabel or Isadora). If honoring Elizabeth is the highest concern, consider Elizabelle.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I like Isabel better. I think the name Isabella needs to take a long vacation, I don't dislike it, more sick of hearing it.
    Other ideas:
    Isabel
    Annabelle
    Jezebel
    Joelle
    Noelle
    Ella
    Bella
    Brielle
    Libba
    Libby
    Elizabeth
    Lizzy
    Eliana

I adore Isabella . Its my favorite name & i would totally use it for the baby . If you love ,i say go for it