Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I vote for Sebastian, since it has a more substantial history and less trendy than Paxton. Don't worry about "planning" nicknames and let them come about as they fit.

I vote Sebastian. Much more meaning behind it, and it sounds nicer too. I know a teenage Sebastian, he's a great person. Great sense of humour and very considerate towards everyone. I'm not really a fan of Paxton, too modern/trendy sounding for me ^^'

As for the nicknames, don't worry too much. I've heard lots of stories of people who started off hating a nickname and ended up not minding it. And who knows, he might end up with a completely different nickname you hadn't predicted at all.

Paxton is the best choice. I love the nn Pax, and it seems perfect for a modern boy to wear. : )
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014

I think Sebastian William sounds better and far less trendy.

What about the nn.: Ian?

Less common Sebastian nicknames:

Aston
    Bastille (Sebastian and William combined)

Sebastian by a mile, it's a classic while Paxton will date. My parent's disliked all the nn options for me so I have always been Catherine, not Cath, Cathy, Cat or Cate. You just have to be firm with teachers etc that this is his name.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.