Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Paxton vs. Sebastian...

My wife and I are expecting a baby boy early December 2013. We both like the name Paxton, but have also considered Sebastian. My wife doesn't like the nicknames for Sebastian (Bas, Baz, Bash, Seb, etc.) and likes the nn Pax better. I feel the child can go by Sebastian comfortably, but inevitably, his name stands the chance of being shortened to a nn. Let me know your thoughts as I like them both. His middle name will be William.

Sebastian, no contest. It's timeless and classic, whereas I see Paxton as very trendy. Have you considered the nn Ian for Sebastian?

We would, however, my nephew's name is Ian. It's sort of shame that Sebastian is regularly shortened. I, personally, love the name!

Sebastian is so handsome I don't think it needs a nn, personally and if you introduce him with his full name and reinforce it people would get the hint and not shorten it, hopefully. I also thought of Ty as a nn option but that maybe a bit of a stretch.

That would be our approach. After all, the nn's got to stick and probably won't unless the kid actually likes and uses it.