Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sibling for Oscar

XP from Sibling Names forum (seems pretty quiet over there!)

Just found out we are expecting baby #2! DS is Oscar Rhys and last name is long, Italian and sounds like Pannobello.

Our name criteria:

1) Must be unpopular, but familiar (hopefully no other kids in their class, but also don't have to spell it out for everyone they meet)
    2) Must be max. 3 syllables (last name is a mouthful)
    3) Must sound good in English and French (we live in Quebec)

Will be paired with a Welsh middle name. Boy middle name TBD, girl would be Myfanwy (muh-van-wee) after my grandmother.

Some names that I like...

GIRLS
    Rose
    Clare (my mom's maiden name, but a cousin has already used it for a middle name so feels a bit less special)
    Anne (but I don't like the way it sounds with Myfanwy)
    Giada (bad match for Oscar?)
    Gloria
    Vera (DH's grandma)

BOYS
    Arthur (ending too similar to be paired with Oscar?)
    Alec
    Jude
    George (was always my #2 boy name, but damn Will and Kate)
    Alfred (love the nickname potential here)

So what do you think of our list? What other names should be considered? Sibling pairing is very important to me.

Oscar Rhys is lovely, and I think Jude is perfect with Oscar. Maybe Jude Arthur or Jude Samuel?

Rose Myfanwy is my favourite for a girl.

Other ideas...
    Henry George
    Edgar Jude
    Leo Jude
    Pierce Arthur
    Finn Joseph
    Jenson Arthur

I love Vera and Gloria!

I like Rose, Gloria and Vera with Oscar. They all have a different feel though soI guess you have to decide what you want to do stylistically.

Oscar and Rose: Classic
    Oscar and Vera: Vintage
    Oscar and Gloria: Kind of Hipsterish

Girls
    #1 Choice: Oscar Rhys & Rose Myfanwy Rose is so neglected as a first name. I love it!
    #2 Choice: Oscar Rhys & Vera Myfanwy Vera is uncommon but familiar like you said, easy to spell and fits with Oscar. Great choice.
    #3 Choice: Oscar Rhys & Clare Myfanwy Does your cousin live near you/associate with you a lot? If not I would not worry about her using it in the
    middle spot if it's your mom's maiden name & you love it.

Giada - doesn't "go" with Oscar, to me. Gloria - also pretty and under-used. A bit much with Myfanwy, to me.

Boys (w/examples of Welsh middle names)
    #1 Choice: Oscar Rhys & Alfred Ioan Alfie is so cute - and doesn't have the same high popularity in Quebec as in the UK.
    #2 Choice: Oscar Rhys & Jude Maxen Oscar & Jude fit so well.
    #3 Choice: Oscar Rhys & George Talfryn Will & Kate don't own it! I mean, nowadays, people named William are not asked if their parents were
    fans of the British royals. I feel George is also too universally familiar to have it really be a problem.

Arthur is a great name but wouldn't be my choice because of the ending. Alec is also handsome but I feel it might clash a bit w/your last name. (?)

Congratulations to you.