Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Colette -- All I can think of is Les Mis, where Thenardier continues saying Colette instead of Cosette.
    Aurelia -- Golden, that one girl in Love Actually.
    Mabel -- Makes me think of Fall and syrup.
    Esme -- Twilight. Sorry. First thing I think of.
    Ivy -- Cool, I prefer longer names.
    Raine -- Meh.
    Eden -- Love this.
    Rosalie -- Twilight again.
    Sage -- Love, wish there was a longer version though.
    Alice -- Twilight, Wonderland, Ask Alice...
    Verity -- Cute.
    Leonie -- Meh. If you want lion for a girl, how about Leandra?
    Keira -- Okay, feels cheesy to me for some reason.
    Gemma -- I just dislike this sound. Jenna, Janna, Gemma, Genna...
    Kristine -- Christine. K is for Kristen.

Boys:
    Maxwell -- Love.
    Jack -- Love.
    Carson -- I know a girl named Carson, so I can't see this name on anyone anymore.
    Gregory -- Love this name!
    Alexander -- I'd love it if I didn't know 20 of them.
    Leon -- Cool.
    Justin -- Timberlake!
    Evan -- Ok. I know an Evan, and he gave me some weird vibes, so meh.
    Daniel -- Love love love love love...
    Tyson -- Mike Tyson! I don't even know who that is, just know his name... heh
    Jeffrey -- Vastly prefer the spelling Geoffrey. Still awesome.
    Ronan -- Okay, too soft for a boy to me.
    Neil or Nils -- Neil. Nil means nothing?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Girls:
    Colette – I work with an awesome Colette, so yes to this one!
    Aurelia – My opinion of this name very much depends on the accent in which it’s spoken. Italian, Portuguese or Spanish? Beautiful. Many British/American accents? Not so much.
    Mabel – This is what I think of as an ‘ugly-cute’ name. On its own, I think of an old lady with a felt hat and multiple cats. If I met a real life little girl with this name, I know I’d be charmed and delighted, and my opinion of the name would probably swing completely the other way!
    Esme – Like it
    Ivy – Cute, but still holds some weight.
    Raine* - Not my cup of tea, but ok. I’m not sure how you pronounce it. Is it ‘Rain’ or ‘Rain-a’? (Excuse my ignorance!)
    Eden – My first encounter with this name was on Toddlers & Tiaras (Eden Wood), so it will always have that connotation for me.
    Rosalie* - Pretty
    Sage*- Short and spunky
    Alice – I like. This is one of those names that sounds great at any age, and I haven’t met many Alice’s in real life.
    Verity* - I don’t like overt virtue names, as I feel they almost set up the child to fail. Part of me also finds them a bit obnoxious, as though the parent is saying ‘My child embodies the virtue of X’. I know rationally this isn’t the parent’s intention, but a little bit of me can’t help but want to catch little Verity telling a whopper! (The exception to this is Grace, which I personally think has become so popular the origin as a virtue has almost been lost).
    Leonie* - Nice. I have a not-so-secret weakness for ‘lion’ names. I also like Leona.
    Keira – This isn’t my favourite spelling (I prefer Ciara or Kira), but I like this name.
    Gemma – Growing up in England, this name was quite popular among my peers, so it’s not one I’d consider myself due to it ‘belonging’ to people my age (late twenties). From memory, most Gemma’s I met at school were down-to-earth and very loyal to their friends, but not particularly studious.
    Kristine* - I work with so many Kristy’s, Kristi’s, and Krista’s that I’m afraid ‘Kris-‘ names have lost their sparkle for me. It sounds dated to my ears, if I’m honest.

Boys:
    Maxwell – Coffee company
    Jack – Probably one of my least favourite names, due to the fact that it screams generic to me. Sorry!
    Carson – I imagine a car salesman. Sorry!
    GregoryLove this name.
    Alexander – Good, attractive, classic name with plenty of nn. potential if that’s a bonus to you.
    Leon – As I said earlier, ‘lion’ names always get a thumbs up from me.
    Justin* - I really like this name, but I wouldn’t be bold enough to use it in case someone thought I was naming a child after Timberlake or (worse) Beiber. Would be pleased to meet a baby Justin though.
    Evan – Undecided on this one. It doesn’t really move me either way
    Daniel* - Don’t like it personally, but a solid, classic name that will wear well. I wouldn’t think badly of it if someone named their child this.
    Tyson – The boxer. Not a positive association in my mind.
    Jeffrey* - I quite like this name, and think it would make quite different yet distinguished choice.
    Ronan – OK. Don’t really have much of an opinion on it.
    Neil or Nils – I prefer Nils to Neil, which sounds a bit dated to me.

As for combinations, I like;

Rosalie Sage
    Alice Rosalie
    Colette Raine
    Keira Leonie

Nils Alexander
    Jeffrey Leon
    Gregory Leon
    Nils Jeffery
    Girls: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Elodie, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boys: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Robin, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx

Thank you all so much for the thoughts!

@augustalee: you seriously nailed all my combinations, as you can see in my signature. But yes I love Alexander in the middle too! However, I think I'll be letting go of Alexander because I met one today and I just can't picture me having a little Alec running around or saying that name to my own child. I don't think it'd fit. And my SIL loves it to death sooo there's that.

@celianne: Thanks for the honest opinions! First of all, let me just say I agree with you on just about every name but most of the ones you don't like are family names so they hold meaning for me. Jeffrey is my dad's name, Kristine is my middle, Justin's my man and Nils is a swedish family name.
    ps: there was a little boy at the carousel today named Carson and he had the most piercing blue eyes and adorable blonde hair and that's exactly what I picture. I don't like Carson on a girl though, it's too masculine.

@novaberry: I agree about Aurelia. I love love love it and the meaning and everything but I always feel like it doesn't sound as pretty when I say it Mabel is the perfect cute/old ugly baby name to me!! Raine is one of those quirky names I just think is cool and cute and I like for some weird reason. But it's just a one syllable "rain" pron. I agree about the virture names being a little obnoxious but I like that Verity means truth and my fiance's name is Justin which is fair, righteous. It's a small, subtle connection and I like those. You don't like all my top boys but it's okay because you love lion names and I love lion names, sooo we can still be friends and I think it's funny you don't care for Daniel but like lions since I always associate Daniel as one of the lion names even though it's not because of the bible story lol. Love the Jeffrey Leon combo!!

@jtucker: Leon Alexander is great!!

I'm really glad everyone likes Jeffrey because I thought people would think it was much too dated for a little boy. Oh and sorry for the long answers but I felt that you all deserved my thoughts on your suggestions!
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!