Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dh won't budge- He wants Samuel

I never thought that this day would come. I have been a name nerd all my life and have always been so excited by the many possibilites of names. I have a relatively uncommon name and I loved having something a little different that set me apart. Now that I am finally pregnant I wanted to give the kiddo the same experience. My husband on the other hand has always wanted to name his son Samuel. He thinks it is a solid, friendly name and he is so set that I don't know what to do. Samuel has been in the top 100 names for the past 50 years. The kicker is that out of all the top names, Samuel IS my favorite. I also think Sam is a sweet, friendly name. I think I am going to just give up and call this sweet boy Samuel. If it helps, dh was totally on board with my outside the top 1000 girl name, but alas, it turned out to be a boy. Should I just give him this? My top boy name btw is Shepherd.

My question is how many Sam's do you know? What is your impression of Sam? When you hear of a baby named Sam do you groan and think, oh no, not another one? Please any insight would be awesome. I am so torn.

I don't think I now any Samuels'. I know tons of Samanthas' but no Samuels'. I think if your husband really loves Samuel, and you really like it, you should use it. Maybe this baby is destined to be a Samuel.

Congrats and good luck!

I honestly don't know anyone named Samuel/Sam and I work as a nanny (previously worked at a daycare)! I think Samuel is my second favorite classic name (second to Benjamin) and I would be excited to meet a baby Sam

Considering:
    🍂Jane 🎃 Fiona 🎃 Thea 🎃 Alice 🎃 Evangeline 🎃 Bridget 🎃 Gwyneth🍂
    🍂Oren 🎃 Lars 🎃 Bram 🎃 Griffin 🎃 Jude 🎃 Nolan 🎃 Kieran 🎃 Otis🍂

I knew one little Samuel but no Sam's. I really love Sam! I think it is far better than Shepherd.

I LOVE Samuel. I don't know any little Sams.