Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Surviving the TTC journey.

I'm still new to the ttc journey and am finding it can sometimes be hard to stay positive during the TWW.

How do you get trough your TTC journey? What helps you remain positive? Is it religion? Family or friends? A hobby? Staying active? A book? A quote? Something else?

I'm curious to know how you girls deal with this! Might be a fun way to discover new hobbies/books/etc through this discussion too!
    Last edited by whitegold; August 12th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

How many months have you been trying now, Shannon? This is my fifth month (I'm currently 9DPO) and I found things really hard for the first three months. Then, for the past two, I haven't really cared! I know that's not very helpful! I can't really explain why; I guess I just kind of got over TTC. In terms of what keeps me positive...staying active, going to the gym, working, reading, sewing, spending heaps of time with my dog. All that stuff. Good luck
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I'm on my 4th month! I hope the hard part is over. I wish I wasn't surrounded by new moms and moms to be, it makes it harder.

Thanks for your response! All sounds like good ways to keep yourself destracted! I always wish I had learned how to sew! I'd love to start DIY projects with sewing!

I'd also love to take up knitting too! Very relaxing and productive lol
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

Hmm... such a tough question to answer. We waited about a year after our miscarriage before even trying again - so that was a bit of a different set of circumstances but I still had to face all the pregnant happy women and healthy babies constantly. Basically I think I just did whatever I could to stay busy and not let myself dwell on it too much. Dwelling does no one any good and it's one of those things that in reality, the more your stress about it, the harder it's going to be on you, your so and your marriage, and your chances of conceiving. So that was enough to force me to let go. I just lived my life and focused on everything else. Once we did start trying again, it only took 2 cycles! Good luck!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I'm really enjoying sewing! I used to sew, but quit for ages, then started again when my niece was born (nearly a year ago) and made her a birth sampler. Now I'm working on a seascape (cross stitch) for the baby's room (of course) and will start a birth sampler for our baby just as soon as I'm pregnant!
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter