Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I knit and crochet and sketch to keep myself busy. It took 10 months to conceive my first. I haven't cross stitched in ages but I am working on quilts for all my babes with their names embroidered. My grandmas will most likely do the embroidery. When I was feeling really down during the trying I would take a day and just mope and do a movie marathon and eat cookies and take out. It's ok to be self indulgent once in a while. After a day of that I would feel better. You can go to a craft store and they have do it yourself for pretty much everything so you can teach yourself to sew or what not.

I definitely want to take a class or something to learn a craft! When time permits!

I've decided to take up yoga in the meantime and use it to relax the body and mind. As well, focus on eating better since DH and I have been failing at that lately!

@hootowl I will have to have a pity party day one day. I usually try to not dwell but that seems to not work well. Maybe wallowing for a day will help! Plus movies and junk food sound awesome! Lol
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

Quote Originally Posted by whitegold View Post
    @hootowl I will have to have a pity party day one day. I usually try to not dwell but that seems to not work well. Maybe wallowing for a day will help! Plus movies and junk food sound awesome! Lol
    Don't you wish all us TTCers lived close by and could have a pity party together! With lots of ice cream and Colin Firth movies. :-)

I can't answer your question as we're only in month one, but I'm guessing if we aren't successful right away, I'll be doing a lot of exercising, reading, etc., to keep myself busy. I've been wanting to TTC for a while, and what I found helpful was having things to look forward to in the next few months, for example, if I'm not pregnant in the next two cycles, at least I'll get to have a drink when I meet up with my friends in NYC. Then will be Christmas coming up and we'll get to see family, etc.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by maggiefromcanada View Post
    Don't you wish all us TTCers lived close by and could have a pity party together! With lots of ice cream and Colin Firth movies. :-)
    Yes! This would be amazing! So much easier when you have people who understand what you're going through! A wallowing movie night with berries would be awesome!
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

I'm *trying* to enjoy the journey of ttc but I am so damn impatient and anxious which I'm sure does not help the cause at all.... I've been trying to overhaul my diet and also my lifestyle a bit, as well as I guess a bit of organising around our house, prepping for a baby

I also tend to throw myself into things, so I've read quite a few pregnancy books and the like... I'm also thinking of starting Pilates
    TTC #1