Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Have you seen this news story....

I just saw this today and was appalled! I hope this mama is able to appeal and get this silly ruling overturned. At the end of the video the Judge is asked about the name Jesus...and she said it didn't pertain to this case...WHAT...um hello?

Anyways wondering what you all thought about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nt42XNxc5s
    Julia Doulia

Mom to Emma Charli, Liam Wallace, and Maeby Koryn

Expecting Baby Boy #2 in November 2013!

After thinking on it, I do think the judge overstepped her bounds with this. The couple was in court over the baby's last name (which is a stupid reason to go to court imo but still), so the first name shouldn't even have been a consideration. They'll probably win the appeal because of freedom of speech, and even though I think Messiah isn't a good name, I agree the mom has the right to name him whatever she wants. And like the mom said, they can't stop her from calling him Messiah even though the name on his birth certificate is (temporarily) Martin.
    contemplating combos:
    August David Dodge · August Henry Dodge · Barnaby Viggo Paul · Barnaby Atlas Paul
    Leona Vesper Lynn · Vivian Lillie Revere · Florence Patricia Mae · Zelda Katherine Rose

I agree, the Judge went too far with this. On the other hand who goes to court to settle on the last name? -.-
    Marko | Susanna | Kit | Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by greyer View Post
    After thinking on it, I do think the judge overstepped her bounds with this. The couple was in court over the baby's last name (which is a stupid reason to go to court imo but still), so the first name shouldn't even have been a consideration. They'll probably win the appeal because of freedom of speech, and even though I think Messiah isn't a good name, I agree the mom has the right to name him whatever she wants. And like the mom said, they can't stop her from calling him Messiah even though the name on his birth certificate is (temporarily) Martin.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

And who goes to court over a last name? I am all for the right to choose to keep your name or not when you're married so then I could see some argument over the baby's last name maybe but having to go to court to settle it? Wouldn't the court just say that is their choice?
    Just a 24 y/o writer in love with names.
    My favorites list is at http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/48927

Yeah, I do not agree with the Judge's decision. This story upset me too.