Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    I agree with Sheesh. I'd save Guinevere for a middle name -> it would just be too much with Morgana.

Morgana
    Belphoebe
    Zenobia

Are my definite top three for you. (Sorry I just had to: Imagine a little: Morgana Lyonesse Wren or Morgana Lyonesse Elaine running around.)

Oh, and yeah..... don't get me wrong I like Verdande when pronounced correctly. I just imaging all the bad ways people could pronounce this when they don't know how it's pronounced correctly. But I am in the US and maybe the Brits natural inclinations would be less likely to induce full-body shivers.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

Aah you have an amazingly long list of names!

My favourites are:
    Guinevere
    Cleo
    Isolde
    Olympia
    Artemisia
    Callisto (prefer Callista)
    Cassandra
    Isabella
    Titiana

I think because of Morgana you can easily eliminate (or move) Melusine and Guinevere. Not too much else to add that I haven't already said before. Cleopatra, Gwenllian, and Zenobia remain my favorites (in that order) and Isolde & Morgs round out my Top 5. =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Belphoebe- I like this a lot, but I see even better names on this list.
    Cleopatra- I ADORE Cleo, and if anyone could pull this name off, she's a little sister to a gal named Aphrodite.
    Gwenllian- Pretty, but same as Belphoebe.
    Isolde- Gorgeous. Sleepysessha hit the nail on the head here, I think- perfectly frosty and romantic for a February child. Though I do miss Isis...
    Melusine- Yay! I love Melusine, though it sounds less goddess-like than Aphrodite, and more like it could be just a really rare, chic name.
    Morgana- You said Morgan isn't popular where you are, and in that case, this name is pure magic.
    Nimue- Lovelovelove Nimue. Makes me think of those beautiful, crystal-blue pools of water seen in caves.
    Olympia- I think this might be mistaken for Olivia a lot.
    Polyxena- Definitely prefer this to Olympia, but part of me thinks it sounds like a sort of medicine.
    Pandora- Beautiful, of course!
    Tinuviel- Nuvi and Dita would be beautiful.
    Verdande- Reminds me of verdant, so I think of a lush green apple tree.
    Zenobia- You know my feelings on this one

So, my new top 5:
    1) Zenobia
    2) Nimue
    3) Isolde
    4) Tinuviel
    5) Morgana

Best wishes!
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    ETA: Out of all of my top names, including Morgana, I think Cleopatra most closely embodies your search for a brave, powerful, independent woman. That being said, I'm still rooting for Isolde for this baby! I'm in the minority, I know...but Aphrodite and Isolde is such a magical legendary pair, yet soft and romantic at the same time. Even though they're so different, they go splendidly together. Isolde's icy romanticism, like frosted eyelashes, is so delicately elemental, perfect for a February babe...she couldn't be more quintessentially Winter.
    Definitely agree with the Isolde comment. Isolde is the perfect name for a winter babe if there was ever one.

Love the list that you and your husband have decided upon for now! Such cute picks <3
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver