Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

A Feeling of Wonder, a Touch of Magic

We've been back and forth and can only agree on one name of our list, so now I'm going to ask for suggestions. I've listed the names on our list below to get you an idea of what we like. I'm starting to freak out now as I'm in the second trimester, and still no closer to a name (oh, a little closer, but not much). And it's a girl (85% sure), so I am now going to concentrate on the fierce little ladies.

Suggestions: Nothing is too stupid (except stupid names obviously). I love names from everywhere, but I do want names (namesakes) with a history. However, that's my crazy, if you've got a name you think maybe we'd like but don't know the history, suggest it and I can look it up. I don't care if the name is from mythology, history, literature or you know, something else, I just want it to be amazing. I'm also looking for middles, so I'll basically take anything. Except for Jane. I'm especially interested in Scandinavian and Norse names, but Husband has a weird thing about them not being "pretty" enough. But I'm half Norwegian, and I'd like my second daughter to have a Northern name in there somewhere. Sister's name: Aphrodite Marian Illyria. I am NOT looking for combos as that will only confuse my pregnant brain.

So new list goes like this. Morgana is still completely and utterly heavenly, so she's safe. These names you've seen and commented on before, and they're still on our list, but we can't agree.

Bellicent (Husband isn't too crazy about having this and Morgs as potential sisters (Bellicent=Morgause=Morgana's sister)
    Boadicea (We can only have one strong warrior beginning with a B and we are not in agreement of which to keep)
    Bradamante (see Boadicea)
    Circe (Husband thinks we should keep this for a future child, or use as a middle)
    Cleopatra (We can only have one awesome ancient queen and we're stuck on different ones)
    Guinevere (Both love, but uncertain if we can use this and Morgana)
    Gwenllian (One of us loves this more than the other)
    Isis (We can't have an Isis and a Cleo, nor an Isis and an Isolde)
    Isolde (can't have Isis and Isolde, we're in disagreement)
    Nimue/Niniane (We can't have two ladies of the lake running around the house. We each have a favourite)
    Olympia (Husband loves this, but think we should save for future child)
    Tinuviel (Husband is worried it's too cute (?????????))
    Yavanna (Husband is worried it's too close to Morgana. I don't think so as the -ana in Morgs is dragged out, and here it's all bouncy)
    Zenobia (See Cleopatra)

New (haha) additions to the first name list:
    Angharad
    Artemisia
    Atalanta
    Belphoebe
    Callisto
    Cassandra
    Coventina
    Daronwy
    Elbereth/Elentari
    Galadriel
    Hespera (middle unless He can be persuaded)
    Inanna
    Isabella
    Laudine
    Melusine
    Nehalennia
    Ostara
    Pandora (If I can convince Him)
    Pulzella
    Rhiannon
    Silmarien
    Titania
    Trephina
    Undomiel
    Valkyrie
    Veronika

UPDATE PAGE 5!
    Last edited by ottilie; August 14th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]