Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

A Feeling of Wonder, a Touch of Magic

We've been back and forth and can only agree on one name of our list, so now I'm going to ask for suggestions. I've listed the names on our list below to get you an idea of what we like. I'm starting to freak out now as I'm in the second trimester, and still no closer to a name (oh, a little closer, but not much). And it's a girl (85% sure), so I am now going to concentrate on the fierce little ladies.

Suggestions: Nothing is too stupid (except stupid names obviously). I love names from everywhere, but I do want names (namesakes) with a history. However, that's my crazy, if you've got a name you think maybe we'd like but don't know the history, suggest it and I can look it up. I don't care if the name is from mythology, history, literature or you know, something else, I just want it to be amazing. I'm also looking for middles, so I'll basically take anything. Except for Jane. I'm especially interested in Scandinavian and Norse names, but Husband has a weird thing about them not being "pretty" enough. But I'm half Norwegian, and I'd like my second daughter to have a Northern name in there somewhere. Sister's name: Aphrodite Marian Illyria. I am NOT looking for combos as that will only confuse my pregnant brain.

So new list goes like this. Morgana is still completely and utterly heavenly, so she's safe. These names you've seen and commented on before, and they're still on our list, but we can't agree.

Bellicent (Husband isn't too crazy about having this and Morgs as potential sisters (Bellicent=Morgause=Morgana's sister)
    Boadicea (We can only have one strong warrior beginning with a B and we are not in agreement of which to keep)
    Bradamante (see Boadicea)
    Circe (Husband thinks we should keep this for a future child, or use as a middle)
    Cleopatra (We can only have one awesome ancient queen and we're stuck on different ones)
    Guinevere (Both love, but uncertain if we can use this and Morgana)
    Gwenllian (One of us loves this more than the other)
    Isis (We can't have an Isis and a Cleo, nor an Isis and an Isolde)
    Isolde (can't have Isis and Isolde, we're in disagreement)
    Nimue/Niniane (We can't have two ladies of the lake running around the house. We each have a favourite)
    Olympia (Husband loves this, but think we should save for future child)
    Tinuviel (Husband is worried it's too cute (?????????))
    Yavanna (Husband is worried it's too close to Morgana. I don't think so as the -ana in Morgs is dragged out, and here it's all bouncy)
    Zenobia (See Cleopatra)

New (haha) additions to the first name list:
    Angharad
    Artemisia
    Atalanta
    Belphoebe
    Callisto
    Cassandra
    Coventina
    Daronwy
    Elbereth/Elentari
    Galadriel
    Hespera (middle unless He can be persuaded)
    Inanna
    Isabella
    Laudine
    Melusine
    Nehalennia
    Ostara
    Pandora (If I can convince Him)
    Pulzella
    Rhiannon
    Silmarien
    Titania
    Trephina
    Undomiel
    Valkyrie
    Veronika

UPDATE PAGE 5!
    Last edited by ottilie; August 14th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Oh me oh my! Otter lists to help the afternoon pass by!

You know my thoughts on your top list, so I won't repeat myself. Yavanna is quite interesting. Have to mull on it for a while as I don't know how I feel about it with Aphrodite.

Your new list:
    Cassandra is a long time love. Love it. Is it too normal? I use normal loosely, as I don't think there is anything abnormal about your other choices.

Inanna. I like this one. Reminds me of Isannah. Very close to Yavanna to me though.

Isabella. I never would have pictured you liking this one! I love the name, but know so many Isabel/Isabelle/Isabella that it is a little scary. It's a beautiful name, but next to Aphrodite, it seems so common.

Rhiannon. Huge guilty pleasure of mine. Love the meaning. A little Ria to play with Roo.

Veronika- love it with the K.

Pulzella- this is fun. Feisty but sweet with the nn Zella.

My suggestion:
    How do you feel about Minerva? I particularly like it as she is a Domincan heroine... Strong and inspirational. Minerva Mirabal if you're interested in looking her up.

At my MIL house so I can't write anymore... Hang in there! You'll find the perfect name!
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

My personal favorites (any one of these would make a PERFECT sister for Aphrodite and are gorgeous as well, IMO):
    Zenobia
    Isis
    Rhiannon

Suggestions:
    Aditi
    Aella
    Agaue
    Aglaia
    Aino
    Angerona
    Bellona
    Concordia
    Elpis
    Euanthe
    Fionnuala
    Hemera
    Indrani
    Ilmatar
    Iphigenia
    Lavinia
    Luned
    Mielikki
    Mneme
    Nephthys
    Oenone
    Ourania (one of my favorites for you)
    Signy
    Svanhild
    Theia
    Themis
    Vesta
    Ziva
    Last edited by namelover77; August 12th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

With your daughter, I quite like

Boadicea -- yes a million times.
    Cleopatra -- I like her sound better with your daughter
    Gwenllian --- again, a millions yes
    Tinuviel -- What's wrong with him? It's gorgeous
    Artemisia
    Galadriel -- I think this drifts into too LOTR but its fab
    Inanna
    Melusine
    Ostara
    Pulzella -- I think this would be a fab middle
    Rhiannon
    Titania
    Valkyrie -- even though they're things, I love it

So from all those, my top three are (and in order) -- Gwenllian, Ostara, Rhiannon

My suggestions

Eira
    Inkeri -- Finnish form of Ingrid
    Runa
    Svenja
    Verdandi
    Vanadis -- another name for Freya
    Svanmeyja
    Sojourner
    Eyre
    Eowyn
    Lyra -- from the constellation, for Orpheus's Lyre and for Lyra Silvertongue in His Dark Materials
    Arrietty
    Karenina
    Ursula
    Augusta
    Orleanna (from The Poisonwood Bible)
    Kyrie -- the name of a beautiful Norwegian poem by Tomas Tranströmer (At the bottom)
    Catalina -- Catalina de Erauso -- Abandoning the life and nunnery her parents had chosen for her, Catalina de Erauso dressed herself as a man and pursued a successful military career in South America, before returning to Spain and revealing her secrets. She recorded her exploits in the perfectly titled "Lieutenant Nun: Memoir of a Basque Transvestite in the New World".
    Theodora -- from Empress Theodora
    Sigrid -- The viking rebel woman who wouldn't stop worshiping the old gods.

I'm trying to find a way to suggest Moll as she's one of my favorites female's in literature (by Daniel Defoe. This famous and bestselling novel details The Fortunes and Misfortunes of the Famous Moll Flanders, who was a thief, a wife, a mother, a whore, and much more.)

Kyrie

At times my life suddenly opens its eyes in the dark.
    A feeling of masses of people pushing blindly
    through the streets, excitedly, toward some miracle,
    while I remain here and no one sees me.

It is like the child who falls asleep in terror
    listening to the heavy thumps of his heart.
    For a long, long time till morning puts his light in the locks
    and the doors of darkness open.
    Da to Julianna Piper, Zane Ronan, Aisling Evania, Lysander Tristan and a little surprise sometimes in April

For your list :

Bellicent : one form my favorites names for you . I dont see the problem from having sisters named Morgana & Bellicent .
    Boadicea vs Bradamante : Bradamante by miles .
    Circe : middle name only imo .
    Cleopatra vs Zenobia : Cleo is lovely name & the nn are just adorable and i totally prefer it to Zenobia which i dont know why reminds me of zombie lol .
    Guinevere vs Gwenllian : I prefer Guinevere for you but i wouldnt use Guinevere & Morgana together so Guinevere is propably out .
    Isis vs Isolde : Isolde & Aphrodite are dreamy together !
    Nimue & Niniane : Nimue is lovely ! I dont see the appeal of Niniane .
    Olympia : lovely name but i dont like it to Aphrodite .
    Yavanna : my least favorite .

Form the new possibilities i love :

Artemisia : althought i prefer Artemis
    Atalanta
    Belphoebe
    Cassandra
    Isabella : My absolutly favorite name !! I just adore Aphrodite & Isabella together . Two gorgeous name . One problem : the popularity gap . Maybe is better as a middle name ?
    Pandora
    Rhiannon

new suggestions :

Penthesilea : Greek . Queen of Amazons
    Psyche
    Parthenope
    Alcestis : daughter of Pelias
    Arisbe
    Amymone
    Andromanche
    Andromeda
    Artemidora
    Arachne
    Briseis
    Caeneus
    Deianeira
    Delyth
    Dirce
    Europa
    Eurycleia
    Euphrosyne : pr . yoo - FROH - sih - nee .
    Endzela
    Hecuba
    Ismene
    Jocasta
    Niobe
    Nesace
    Polyxena
    Semele
    Sose
    Leto
    Moirae
    Alcina
    Castalia
    Calamint
    Neria
    Sarafinah
    Noelani
    Valeska
    Oenone : pr . ee - noh - nee
    Fifoldara
    Walela
    Vesela
    Zosime
    Last edited by bellerose; August 12th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Vasiliki ,

Persephone ~ Orpheus ~ Odysseus .