Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    What about Ashera? It's more subtle, but still major (a form of Ishtar/Inanna), once worshipped as the wife of the Hebrew God, but on her own before, It will likely be taken as a feminine form of Asher, which seems to be quite popular of late (and the pronunciation is Asher-uh). I love many of your choices esp. Guinevere, Isolda, Calista, Cassandra, and Hespera has a softness about it. (Indulge my spelling preferences).

Scandinavian & Norse names

I'm also Scandinavian, but Swedish not Norwegian! My favorite Scandinavian/Norse girl name is Astrid. Astrid means divinely beautiful. Hope you find the perfect name for your future little girl!

From your lists, of course Morgana is still my number one. Aphrodite and Morgana are magical together. My next four from all the lists in order are:

2. Isis -- If I can only have Cleopatra or Isis, I prefer Isis. It's short and powerful and stands up wonderfully to her sister.
    3. Tinuviel -- Love this with Dita. It's not too cute, it's gorgeous
    4. Melusine -- she has the oceany feel that Aphrodite has, and she's gorgeous
    5. Ostara -- Love it with Dita! Powerful and strong and Starla would be adorable

Comments on the others:

Bellicent -- I love her so much more as a middle
    Boadicea -- Love it a lot. I think you'd have to have a C as the 3rd though
    Bradamante -- She sounds so harsh to me
    Circe -- I just don't like her with Aphrodite. She's a wonderful middle, but I don't like the similar endings
    Cleopatra -- I would rather have Isis. She's great, but not as good as Isis.
    Guinevere -- I've already given you my arguements as to why it's weird with Morgana. If you find Bellicent weird, why not Guinevere?
    Gwenllian -- She's great and I ADORE her but I like others better. She needs to stay as a middle
    Isolde -- I much prefer Isis. Isolde doesn't do anything for me and her story is lovely but she doesn't live up to her sister
    Nimue/Niniane -- Meh. She's a great middle, but I don't like her in the front. Niniane is my favorite of the 2
    Olympia -- I already told you my weirdness here, but I know what you're going for
    Yavanna -- I do think this is too close to Morgana and I like Morgana a lot better. She's fun though, so keep her for a middle
    Zenobia -- She's beautiful and I love her but not as much as others. Aphrodite and Zenobia as a good A-Z thing but the next would have to be B or Y :P
    Angharad -- Very harsh sounding next to Aphrodite
    Artemisia -- Gorgeous but I don't like it with Aphrodite. It has contrasting sounds I don't like, and I just don't like Artemis and Aphrodite together
    Atalanta -- She's one of my favorite middles for you. I love her with Morgana. Morgana Zephyrine Atalanta
    Belphoebe -- I adore her as a middle, but she's too similar to Aphrodite for me
    Callisto -- Meh. She doesn't do anything for me
    Cassandra -- Love it and Aphrodite and Cassandra as cool together, but I like others better. Middle
    Coventina -- Makes me think of covet
    Daronwy -- I don't like the sound.
    Elbereth/Elentari -- Elentari is cool. I love both of these for the middle, but not for the first
    Galadriel -- Gorgeous, love the meaning, love the connections, but she's way to LOTR. Middle
    Hespera -- While I like her with Aphrodite, not as much as others. She's a great middle
    Inanna -- Love it, would rank but there are others I like better. Keep for middle
    Isabella -- WAY to normal next to the others and Aphrodite and very popular. I think of Isabella of Spain, but still
    Laudine -- It makes me think of cough drops
    Nehalennia -- I'm not entirely sure how to say this one. Help with pronunciation and who this is?
    Pandora -- You know my thoughts here, and I think the feeling is SO different to Aphrodite. I think you should try to keep it in the middle since you love it
    Pulzella -- I just don't like the sound very much, but it would be a cool middle
    Rhiannon -- Very nice and mythological, but very bland to me
    Silmarien -- I want this to stay as a middle. I just don't like it as a first next to the others
    Titania -- I just prefer Tatiana and though I love the literary connections, I just don't like Tit being in there
    Trephina -- This is very cool, and I think it might be my number 6
    Undomiel -- I just don't like the sounds with Aphrodite
    Valkyrie -- I do love the sound, but prefer the names of the Valkyrie personally
    Veronika -- this seems entirely too normal next to all the others and Aphrodite

I would suggest stuff but it's storming and I need to get off the computer. I'll be back though.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

From the ones currently on your list, I really love: Guinevere (although I do understand the issue with having a Guinevere and a Morgana, it is still beautiful), Gwenllian, and Isolde.

From your new choices, I particularly like:

Cassandra - pretty
    Melusine - Simply stunning! Probably my favorite from your new list, and it stands up well with Aphrodite
    Titania - This one is very magical sounding to me
    Valkyrie - This one I am on the fence about, it's very intriguing to me

Other Suggestions

From Norse Mythology
    Eir
    Signy

From Greek Mythology
    Astraea
    Hermione

I decided to choose five from your list (besides Morgana):

Bradamante- I love this so much I based the name of the main character in 'What a Prospect!' on it. He's Bradiganti. So thanks!
    Isolde
    Callisto- Callisto is so soft. It feels like a whisper in the same way that Aphrodite does.
    Cassandra
    Pandora

*I like Angharad too obvs But for me, Morgs and Angharad are the same person, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.