Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Belphoebe (only if friend doesn't name her baby Phoebe)- Love it! or Bellerose
    Boadicea or Bradamante (we can't decide! The Brit in me favours Boadicea though, the French/Italian Bradamante)- Bradamante is nice
    Callisto- Prefer Callista ( I'm all about the frilly!)
    Cleopatra- Cleo is adorable
    Elentari-- Not sure
    Fiammetta (although this feels wildly antifeminista to me; she tried to commit suicide because her lover didn't return to her.) Pretty, not sure it's antifeminista to really love someone :-)
    Galadriel-- Prefer other LOR names
    Guinevere-- LOVE! Glad it's still on the list
    Iphigenia-- Not pretty, sorry :-(
    Isolde- Also love.
    Melusine- Very hard for me to pronounce.
    Morgana- Pretty!
    Olympia-- NMS
    Pandora- Cute nickname potential.
    Silmarien- NMS
    Tinuviel-- Hmmmmmm....
    Verdandi- NMS
    Zenobia- Makes me think of xenophobia, sorry!

So perfect top three:
    Guinevere
    Morgana
    Isolde
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

I'll choose a top 5.

Boadicea (SUCH a kickbutt, underappreciated woman from history... I love that you're considering this! I want to dance!)
    Guinevere
    Melusine
    Morgana
    Zenobia

I was sad to see Hespera go.. it is such a delicately beautiful name.

I agree with you about Fiammatta... it's a beautiful name, but what kind of example for a little girl is that?
    (Side note as we're on the subject of women and lousy stories.. have you read "Cinderella Ate My Daughter"? It's a great book about the perils of the princess culture.... your list kinda made me think you'd like it.)
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

LOVE Guinevere,Pandora,Valkyrie and Titania. HATE Isabella.
    miranda • 13 • fangirl • dreamer
    writer • student • game of thrones

• boys •
    rafael • adrian • emmett • aaron • jared • raynor • niccolo • richard • philip

• girls •
    ingrid • saskia • magnolia • jemsa • isobel • sybil • evelyn • amalia •mary • haizel • cosima • helena • leonor • blanche • florence • paulina • josephine

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Zelia; ooh, thanks for your thoughts on Cleo and Z'nobee. I love both, and I agree with you on what you say. My only hope is either that husband comes around, or that we have twins at some point as he said we could use them for twin girls. However, no twins in my family... Of your suggestions I love
    Dagmar (so gorgeous!), Ellisif (I don't know anything about her story either, but it's a beautiful name), Eyja, Josephine (love this so much!), Katla (but that dragon scared the hell out of me when I was little (actually it still does, how creepy are those scenes with Tengil and Katla?)), Rǫskva, Sága, Signý, Valdís (all so pretty!!!) and Wu Zetian (I have a feeling I can't use this. Maybe when I adopt my super cute Chinese baby?).
    I seriously doubt there would be a better twin-sister-set than Cleopatra and Zenobia. Think of the amazingness

Katla is really goddamn scary (that whole story really shouldn't be a children's novel, I had severe nightmares for months after having had the story read aloud and later seeing the film. It's really brutal though, deals with some heavy subjects), I agree (and so is Tengil, and I don't know if something is wrong with me, but I really like that name too), but the name is so beautiful, I can't help but loving it. Same with Madicken - the Danish word for maggot is maddike and it is pronounced almost the same way as Madicken, but Madicken is such a lovely name and not even the maggot-connection can make me stop loving it.

Wu Zetian was a long shot, but in terms of great females, I thought she was a notable mention however unrealistic she might be

A quick top five from your new list:
    01. Zenobia
    02. Cleopatra
    03. Morgana
    04. Olympia
    05. Boadicea/Galadriel (couldn't choose, made it a tie instead)
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

I still love Morgana, Isolde, and Guinevere. Isolde is definitely my favorite on your list. I also really like Melusine.

I kind of wonder if a name like Guinevere or Cleopatra might be a bit much with Aphrodite. They are both very well known names with strong imagery and associations. I'm not sure how important sibset considerations are for you but I wonder if it might be a bit better to stick to something a little more obscure with Aphrodite. Just a thought. I hadn't seen Aphrodite's full name written out yet and I love the two middle names you paired with it.