Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sibling for Ruby and Henry

Hi, We have a dd named Ruby and a ds named Henry. We are looking at names for our third baby. We have a couple of names, but not convinced.

Girls

Evie - Really like this but too informal to go with the other names?
    Isla - Not same style as other names?
    Iris - ?

Boys

Hamish - Not sure of the 2 x H names
    Isaac - This is a favourite of ours, however too different in style??
    Louis ?

What do you think of these names? Do you think they go with our other childrens names? I quite like short 2 syllable names, that are girly and elegant/strong and masculine. Middle name for boy would be Daniel, and no middle name for girls name as yet. Open to suggestions/help on this.

I like Louis if it's a boy. I think it fits really well style-wise and it's such a great name!
    I don't particularly love any of your girl options, but if you were to choose one of them I would vote Iris.
    Some suggestions for girls:
    *Ivy/ Ivory (If you like Iris and Isla, what about Ivy or Ivory?)
    Stella
    Molly
    Jane
    **Elsa
    Daisy
    Fiona
    Tessa
    Poppy
    Thea
    Zoe
    **Frances
    *Cecily

I happen to like the idea of another -y name, but maybe you wish to avoid that? I starred (*) my favourites with the same ending as Henry and Ruby, and doubled starred (**) my favourites if you want to avoid that ending.

Good luck!
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus

I think Isla, Iris, and Isaac are all perfect fits with Ruby and Henry. I think Eve or Eva nicknamed Evie works perfectly, too.

My favorites would be Iris and Isaac. Ruby, Henry, and Iris. Ruby, Henry, and Isaac. Henry and Isaac seem really smashing together (I know of a boy named Isaac Henry), and Iris and Ruby are both beautiful, feminine, familiar, but not-too-common word names with strong histories and a smidgen of quirk.

Louis is just fine, but I'm not sure what to think of Hamish.

In addition to these great suggestions, how about:

Names with the -y ending:

Maisie

Finley
    Rigby
    Percy
    Teddy
    Archie

Same feel (vintage/classic)

George
    Arthur
    Leo
    Jude

Clara
    Marta
    June
    Ruth
    Elsa

I kind of like a name with a different ending, if you say them together: "Ruby, Henry, and George" or "Ruby, Henry, and Clara" vs. "Ruby, Henry, and Ivy" or "Ruby, Henry, and Finley."

Oh, and I forgot Daisy and Sadie under the list of girls' names with the -y ending, above!