Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Coming off the contraceptive pill

I was just wondering how long it took you all to conceive after stopping the pill?

I've been on it for just over ten years and honestly, am a little worried that it's going to take months for it to be completely out of my system and for me to be back in the natural swing of things!
    Married my best friend 19/09/2011
    TTC our first

Favourite Girls; Amelie, Ava, Elise, Evelyn, Everly, Isla
    Chosen Name (at the moment!) Felicity Susan

Favourite Boys; Connor, Darcy, Ethan, Noah, Seth
    Chosen Name (at the moment!) Noah Philip

This is a common misconception. The moment you stop taking the pill, it's out of your system. The only reason they tell people to sometimes wait a few months after getting off the pill before trying to conceive is that some women's cycles will fluctuate for a bit after, making it harder to track exactly when they are ovulating. I got pregnant one month after I stopped taking the pill and I had been taking it on and off for years. So you can start trying immediately after you stop taking it, just be sure to track how far apart your periods are.

I was on it for 15 years and it took us 8 months the first time. We ended up losing that one to a miscarriage at 6 weeks. We waited about another year before trying again and the second time it took us 2 cycles to get pregnant again. I'm now at Week 23 with our first baby girl and things are looking good so far!

It's different for everyone so there's absolutely no way to know when you'll get pregnant. I had a feeling it would take us awhile because I was on the pill so long, honestly I was surprised when it only took 8 months. Then I was very surprised the second time when it only took 2. But I have one friend who got pregnant the first month after she stopped. I have another friend who it took 2 years. You just never know until you try! Start taking pre-natal vitamins right away just in case and try to let go of the worry. The more you stress, the longer it can take. I know it's tough but the best thing for everyone, including your future baby, is if you relax and try to just enjoy the time! Good luck!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I've been taking the 'trying to conceive' vitamins for a couple of months now and we're not putting any pressure on ourselves to conceive right now but I'm not a very patient person and like to be in control of things, so letting nature take its course so to speak is an alien feeling to me
    I will just keep my fingers crossed!
    Married my best friend 19/09/2011
    TTC our first

Favourite Girls; Amelie, Ava, Elise, Evelyn, Everly, Isla
    Chosen Name (at the moment!) Felicity Susan

Favourite Boys; Connor, Darcy, Ethan, Noah, Seth
    Chosen Name (at the moment!) Noah Philip

3months after 2years on the pill