Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ottilie - good luck with that

Namefan - Ahh ok. I don't really spend a lot of time on the SSA website, I was just going off what I've seen from US bloggers. They all seem to say that girls are given a wider variety of names whilst boys just tend to get the popular names. Had a bit of a dig (I've only just seen the 'number of births' feature on the SSA site. D'oh) and you're right. Very interesting!

I've been waiting for this! I'm going to check my top names:

Arthur - #52, 1310 babies {this is getting so popular I want to cry}
    Caspian - #1051, 26 babies
    Bram - #2117, 10 babies
    Emrys - #1119, 24 babies
    Dexter - #70, 955 babies
    Stanley - #74, 890 babies

Rosamund - #2717, 9 babies
    Beatrice - #114, 503 babies {I'd use the nickname Birdie which doesn't rank at all}
    Persephone - #1297, 25 babies
    Ophelia - #406, 115 babies {this is getting more popular too}
    Viola - #1387, 23 babies {surprised, I thought this would be more popular}

There were some interesting ones too - Loki moved up over 200 places, it's in the 700s now!

I'm also sad to see all my old-man chic names {Stanley, Arthur} getting so popular I feel like my girls list is way too unusual.
    Alice. Marian. Juno. Branwen. Helena. Polly. Ophelia. Rosalind. Cosima. Matilda. Edith. Anna. Claudia. Frances.
    Arthur. Henry. Caspian. Stanley. Justice. Dexter. Edmund. Thomas. Nathaniel. Forest. Oscar. Lucian. Peter.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9782360
    http://listography.com/sapphires

I am happy to see a bump for Ellis as a boy's name! This is one of my favorites and I am so afraid it will go to the girl's because of its use on two popular American TV shows (Grey's Anatomy & Glee).

I have met two Ellis' that were both males and it was also the name of the young boy in the film Mud.
    Mom to Jude Robert (June 2012)
    BFP 2/14/14 - EDD 10/27/14

Current Favorites
    XX : Amelie Eloise Georgia Lulu Petal Rosie Valentine Waverly
    XY: Atticus August Clark Ellis Harvey Lincoln Leo Louis Patrick Ray

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Namefan - Ahh ok. I don't really spend a lot of time on the SSA website, I was just going off what I've seen from US bloggers. They all seem to say that girls are given a wider variety of names whilst boys just tend to get the popular names. Had a bit of a dig (I've only just seen the 'number of births' feature on the SSA site. D'oh) and you're right. Very interesting!
    Actually, after I took a look at the British lists myself, it's the Americans who have somewhat reversed the traditional pattern - when I looked at the spreadsheets for E&W the boys still outnumber the girls even at the top rankings. Did you look at the lists wrong?

Oh no, Celeste has cracked the top 1000! :-(

Funny that there were 10 Junipers in 2012 and 2011!
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles