Names Searched Right Now:

No nickname names?

I didn't know how to title this but I'm having a problem. I really don't like nicknames or names that can easily be shortened. Both my sons have names that don't lend themselves to being shortened. Our top choice for a girl is Eleanor and it has a lot of nickname potential. Does anyone have any suggestions for names that are hard to shorten? brothers are tristan and miles.

Anouk
    Tamsin
    Ruth
    Cleo
    Elin
    Faye
    Harper
    Brea
    Iris
    Rose
    Lily
    June
    Kana
    Lidia
    Lucy
    May/Maeve
    Liv
    Quinn
    Willa
    Mary
    Hazel
    Adele
    Pearl
    Jane
    Wren

Basically, it seems like short names, especially one syllable are less likely to get nicknamed, probably because of their length.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Last edited by rkrd; August 12th, 2013 at 01:32 AM.

I have the same preference. I have Ava, Mia, and Gemma. Although if anybody calls her Gem they're not going to do it again. I liked it too much to not use it. The other two are not easily abbreviated. Stella is another one on my mind lately, after all if you wanted Ellie or Ella you'd just keep Eleanor.

In an odd coincidence Tristan is one of my absolute favorite boy names, which my husband hates sadly enough. However, I did see somebody suggest Isolde despite having Tristan listed. Obviously I would advise against that particular pairing since Tristan & Isolde were tragic lovers.

I did love the suggestion of Faye. Such a pretty name with no nickname options that sounds positively fabulous in a sibset with Tristan and Miles!
    Last edited by gigigibbons; August 12th, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncy Baby Boy: Tristan LeMarque * Ambrose Galahad
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele

My husband loves to shorten names and with our oldest children I found names that frustrated that impulse. My oldest daughter, Clare, never has her name shortened.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter, Thomas, or Isaac