Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Yeah it's vain if the name is exactly after yourself but since it's just the same initials it's fine
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Personally I don't like naming children after the parents for either gender, but I know I'm probably in the minority. I couldn't stand 'Novaberry Junior', or 'Novaberry II'. Children should be allowed their own identities, and there are so many great names out there.

I'm a bit more understanding of name variants or middle names to honour grandparents, great grandparents, or dearly departed friends/relatives (my grandmother is called Margaret, and I would seriously consider using the name Megan for example). But I think honouring yourself in such a way is, at best, lazy. At worst, egotistical. The only exception to this is possibly if a parent has died prior to the child being named.

All just personal opinion though!
    My Top 10 Girls Names: Astrid, Elara, Evelyn, Hannah, Hester, Lorna, Megan, Ophelia, Sylvia, Tabitha
    My Top 10 Boys Names: Alistair, Andrew, Graeme, Hamish, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Aurelius, Damaris, Digory, Hermione, Isis, Phineas, Loki, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx, Orion

First and foremost, I find Story Mae beautiful and sweet. Now to answer your question..

The only problem I see with people naming children after themselves is the confusion it causes when two people of the same name live in the same house. My father refused to name a son after himself because he didn't want people having to ask for Big Dan or Little Dan. My ex-husband had all sorts of trouble with credit issues because he had the exact same name as his Dad and they shared and address for a while when my ex was in his 20s.

Obviously, using a name that has ties to yours but is not identical will cause none of those problems. The only challenge that I would see you having is making sure that a second and subsequent daughters names equally special.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I hold the sentiment of naming a child in honor or in memory of a loved one in high regard. But naming after ones' self?... eh.

I guess it's the intention behind it:
    If it's because you want to say "she's MY daughter" or "she's a little version of ME," then I think it's tacky.
    If it's because you want to share a bond with her, "we have a DEEP MOTHER DAUGHTER CONNECTION" then it's a little better.

That being said, your name and your proposed daughter's name are different enough that I don't think anyone would ever harp on it.

Well, using the same initials as your name isn't the same as calling a child Junior, is it? The names are completely different so if you like Story Mae, then go for it!
    All the best,
    Mischa.