Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question is it a bit vain to name child after yourself?

so, i'm Stephanie Marie. i kind of like the idea of Story Mae, well firstly bc i love it, but bc it's similiar to my name with the St-'ie' sound + Ma-/variant of Marie. i know men have Jrs & IIIs all the time, so fair game, but it feels a bit weird i think? to be like 'oh yes, just like mee' lol. thoughts?

cma. furmom. music junkie. hippy. name nerd.

When I read the title, I first thought it would be a little strange for me to name my daughter Grace if my name is Grace...
    However, after reading your post, Stephanie Marie and Story Mae sound like completely different names to me and I hardly would have noticed the connection in the real world.

So I guess, it would be a subtle way to name your child after yourself using a name you love. Plenty of mothers give their daughters their middle/first name as a middle, but to me it just appears to be the same initials
    Lila Evelyn | Eamon Reid

oh yes, definitely subtle. i'd never use Stephanie or Marie. but the idea behind it i mean. thanks for your thoughts

cma. furmom. music junkie. hippy. name nerd.

By the time you carry a baby for nine months and nurse it, then care for the child for 18 years, you're entitled to put your stamp on him/her. Guys do it all the time. Passing on your initials is an understated way to accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by grackym View Post
    When I read the title, I first thought it would be a little strange for me to name my daughter Grace if my name is Grace...
    However, after reading your post, Stephanie Marie and Story Mae sound like completely different names to me and I hardly would have noticed the connection in the real world.

So I guess, it would be a subtle way to name your child after yourself using a name you love. Plenty of mothers give their daughters their middle/first name as a middle, but to me it just appears to be the same initials
    Exactly how I feel.

My name is Stephanie Jean. My mom's name is Loretta Jean. We have the same middle name and I like it. I wouldn't be opposed to giving my daughter the same middle name but I would not give her the same first name as me, or my mom!
    Just a 24 y/o writer in love with names.
    My favorites list is at http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/48927