Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Why didn't the parents just hyphenate the last name so they wouldn't go to court in the first place?

Current Favorites
    August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
    Eve - Fiona - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally

I agree with the judge. There is only one Messiah and that is Jesus Christ. I think the parents would face a lot of ridicule if their son had that name.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

In the judge's defense, the parents gave the court the right to name their child because they were too immature to do it themselves. Can they say 'only choose my child's surname'? I don't know what the law states. I would think that the child's name, meaning their entire name, was placed in the hands of the judge.

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Do I think Messiah is a ridiculous name? Yes. As a Christian, do I like it being used as a name? No. Do I think the parents are going to win this one on appeal? Yes. The REASONS the judge gave are what's going to kill the decision. You just can't use religion like that.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

If one judge can change a child's name from Messiah to Martin, why doesn't someone else change all the other children's names that are L-a, Abcde, and other ridiculous things? Not really necessary IMO.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden