Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedjr89 View Post
    My name was very popular when I was born. My name is Stephanie and i'm 24. Stephanie started gaining popularity in the 70s and in the late 90s started to fizzle out. It's still somewhat popular but it's steadily declining. I used to think my name was too popular in school. I was in a small elementary school so I didn't meet a single other Stephanie in elementary school but come middle and high school there were Stephanie's everywhere! Like a Stephanie palooza! Had a teacher say "Stephanie" you had 5+ girls saying "Here!" It used to bug me a little in school but not too bad and eventually I got to the point where now I don't mind. I love my name and I always have it was just annoying in school with so many girls having the same name.
    i'm Stephanie too haha. i'm almost 27. i only knew one other in elementary school (went by Steffie 24/7) but come middle/high school there were several & when i went to COLLEGE. i LIVED with FOUR other Stephanies lol. we all had to go by Steph+LN or just our LN to keep the rest of the girls' sanity! i hated my name until i got out of my teen years. now i appreciate it. but i'd never support it being used by others haha.

cma. furmom. music junkie. hippy. name nerd.

I don't really have an opinion on the whole number vs how popular a kids name really is but let me just tell you how much i admire your signature real quick: I LOVE THAT. The names are really my style but more importantly i just like your unique colored initials thing ya got going on.

WERK it.
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

Quote Originally Posted by mnmemily15 View Post
    I don't really have an opinion on the whole number vs how popular a kids name really is but let me just tell you how much i admire your signature real quick: I LOVE THAT. The names are really my style but more importantly i just like your unique colored initials thing ya got going on.

WERK it.
    hahaha THANK YOU

cma. furmom. music junkie. hippy. name nerd.

I like names that have been heard of but are not super popular. Out of all my kids, I know that Wolfie, Linus and B are not even in the top 1000 names on the SSA website. Sebastian has been in the 70's-90's (if I remember correctly) since the year he was born however I hardly ever hear his name irl. The one we have heard the most is Violet which I see all over nameberry and occasionally will run into one or "somebody who has a niece named Violet" etc. She was born in January 2009, at that point the last ssa reports set her name in 2007 popularity in the 220's somewhere. I named her Violet after her (she did not look like the girls name we had liked throughout the pregnancy, Ingrid, but did look like "a Violet" and *is* her name 110%) and afterwards checked, and sure enough, it was over 200 which was fine with me. When the 2008 report came out her name had jumped under 200 (in the 170's-180'2 I believe) and now its below 100. Certainly it fit trends that would cause it to rise in popularity but ,anyways, if it had been under 100 I might have had pause (but since Sebastian's name is ranked around there, that would be in the back of my head too), although, I do love her name and it fits her to a T. (Plus DH is obsessed with the color purple and has been since he was little, so naming her after a shade of his favorite color was neat )

And in the very small private school my older 3 attended, there was a new student (7-8 years old) named WOLFGANG that started soon after my own was born! So you never know what will happen in the future when you choose that "unusual" name. The other name we liked for Wolfie was Peregrine, and no kidding, the mother of one of my oldest dd's friend had a friend who named her son Peregrine over the summer. This family is not local, but still...you never know! But growing up a Jennifer and being one now, I am against giving my children a "top 10" name or even in the top 50. But since Jennifer in 1979 and the % of little girls named this is much larger than the % of little Sophia's born in 2012, I can safely say that if any of my children become a "top 10" sensation anytime soon they will still not run into as many of "them" as I did and still do.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I don't care about the popularity. Matilda, Alice and Eloise are all top 100 in Australia but they are classics and I love them anyway. @gabbygrace I agree with you by saying I will never use a name in the top 1000 good names you have decided you can't use. Two people with children named Linus have replied to this thread.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com