Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb A stylish, older girl name

Hey Everyone!

I am searching for name and I would love to hear some suggestions. The name should be "older", or at least "old sounding", preferably something that dates back to the medieval times or something around the 1600-1800. I would like something that's sounds stylish, posh and elegant, if possible. The surname is "Arkwright" so if it could fit with the surname, that would be great!

Thank you so much for the help!

moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

Twenty-something musician, yogini and name lover who dreams of strolling the boulevards of Paris by day and writing songs by night.

Mes prénoms préfères;

Elodie ~ Sylvie ~ Vivienne ~ Giovanna ~ Beatrice ~ Seraphina ~ Marguerite ~ Edith ~ Cosette ~ Isadora ~

Alexander ~ Marcel ~ Elias ~ Nicholas ~ James ~ Henry ~ Rowan ~ Django ~ Kai ~ Tristan ~ Luca

Veronica
    Rosamund
    Belphoebe - Spenser's Faery Queene reference, dates to 1590. Probably not ever that popular on actual girls though.
    Melisande
    Belisent
    Viola, Beatrice, Juliet, Imogen - My favourite Shakespearean girls names.
    Lucasta
    Morwenna
    Ione
    Ceridwen
    Valeriana/Valeria
    Chrysanthe/Crisanta
    Sarita
    Isidora
    Celestia/Celestine
    Araminta, Amarantha, Amaryllis
    Theodora/Theodosia
    Cecilia

And then the ones that date to the middle ages but have never really gone away so they don't sound so forcefully antique. My favourite of these is Jane. Then Katharine/Catherine, Caroline, Elizabeth/Isabel, Clare, Marie/Mary, and Martha. One could say they sound more classic than specifically posh, but I think they sound regal.