Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick question about teh name Foster

I am really liking Foster as of recently. My only potential issue with it is that his grandfather is a fan of Foster's brand beer. Then again, some of my neighbors have a son named Miller after the beer, so perhaps for a boy it isn't necessarily a bad association?

Regardless of whether you like Foster as a name, do you think the brand association should be a turn off?

Edit - Ignore spelling error in title. I can write English, sometimes...
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I don't know how well known Foster's is over the pond but it's very popular over here. Even if I liked Foster, I definitely wouldn't use it. Most brands are off-putting to me, even if they're as mundane as butter or soap, but alcohol takes the biscuit. It's strongly tied to the beer in my mind and alcohol is the cause of so much trouble. It's really not something I'd want to associate a little boy with. But perhaps things are different in the US? (I wouldn't bat an eyelid at Miller over here because I've never heard of it )

I don't think it'd be too bad since he only gets it on special occasions, but, I wanted to get more opinions
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I guess we're not from the same part of the world because I'm not at all familiar with that type of beer! I love the name Foster, really hits the mark for me!
    If you decide not to use it, would you consider Felix or Fredrick? I love them all three!

I'm from the US, but I guess Foster's is originally an Aussie beer? So I'm not sure how seriously to think about the association.

I like Felix a lot. Fredrick is quite nice as well.