Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Francis is a tip-top favourite of mine! It just sound great with ANYTHING!

Of your list I think Mabel & Francis, Mabel & August and Mabel & Edmund.

Similarish names off the top of my head are:
    Cyril, Edward, Rupert, Oscar, Albert, Augustus Basil, Rufus, Linus, Felix, Hamish, Jasper, Tennyson, Peter, Sebastian, Cecil, Cedric, Benson, Harvey, Alastair, Clement, Ambrose, Fabian, Eugene, Hudson, Lloyd, Neville, Tobias, Sylvan, Carlisle, Dudley Watson and Winston !

Mabel & Harvey, Mabel & Fabian, Mabel & Clement and Mabel & Albert are just twee!

Hope that helps and doesn't add to the fog!

Good luck! xox

(P.s. Mabel all the way!!)

Thank you, averelladavina! I really appreciate your kind comments about my list. It's nice to hear that you don't see much teasing potential from these names I agree about Frederick. There's just something about Mabel and Frederick that I keep coming back to!*

Hannlekitt, thanks! Like I said above, it's so good to hear that others have the same taste as me. I'm no longer able to share with my family because of their disapproving comments. Thanks for sharing your opinions. From your suggestions, I love Alfred, Charles, and Hugo. I love Bertie, but could never name a son Albert over a family joke

Thank you, jazminlilly! You're opinions and suggestions are much appreciated. You've given me much to think about. Francis is also a family name! From your suggestions, I love Jasper, Sebastian, and Harvey I also love Edward, but it's my uncle's name; needless to say, he refuses to have a baby named Edward :\ oh, and thanks for the comment about Mabel!! Isn't it just lovely?!?

Thanks, again!
    Meg

Hello! I was the suggester of Eleanor Mabel Georgia, I'm so glad to see you've fallen in love with the names.

As for your boys' names, I'm a fan of a variety of them, including Frederick, Theodore, and Alexander. I think that Alexander is probably the most obviously macho and common, with a variety of boyish nicknames that will probably slip their way in through friends and relatives.

My personal favorite of your list is Theodore. Goes so well with the girls' names you listed, and has that vintage, classic flair. Theodore Alexander is a solid, strong combo.
    If the soft, feminine sound is what you're afraid of, I'd nix Francis, Louis, and August. Francis is close to Frances, Louis is close to the rising-in-popularity Louise, and August is one of those ambiguous month names that I've heard on both.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Oh, bibliophile, I'm so thankful that you suggested Eleanor Mabel Georgia! I am in love

More than the soft feel, I am concerned about the names sounding feminine. As you may remember, I considered Frances as a girls' name! I don't like the common touch that comes with Alexander, but I love the wide variety of nicknames.

Theodore Alexander is a gorgeous combo ... I love it!

As of right now, I think I am down to Theodore, Frederick, Edmund, and Arthur, with Francis and Alexander as strong middle name contenders! Louis, for some reason, keeps coming up; I can't seem to eliminate it for good, though. Maybe I could use it as a second middle name ... maybe Theodore Francis Louis or Frederick Louis Alexander, for example?

Thanks so much!
    Meg

Quote Originally Posted by meg07 View Post
    Theodore Francis Louis isn't my favorite only because of the same -is ending (loo-iss, fran-ciss). I love Theodore Louis Alexander, though! Frederick Louis Alexander is also a strong contender; I personally like Frederick Edmund Louis a bit better.
    Last edited by bibliophile; August 11th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid