Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mabel, Eleanor, Georgia, & ...

Hi berries!

I recently posted about girl names and have fallen, head over heels, in love with the names Eleanor, Georgia, and Mabel. I love the spunky, vintage, British feel of these three names. Now, however, I'm struggling with finding boy names that match. I'm trying to build a beautiful sibset.*

I tend to like softer boy names with lots of history behind them. I'm just afraid that the names I love will lead to my boy being picked on. My list includes:
    Edmund
    Henry
    Frederick (Freddie)
    Theodore
    Arthur
    Alexander
    Francis
    Louis
    August
    Philip

What do you think of these names? Which is your favorite? Do you have any suggestions that go better with Mabel, Eleanor, and Georgia?*

Thanks!
    Meg

You have wonderful taste in names! Mnay on your list are also my favourites!

I really love; Henry, Frederick, Theodore, Arthur, Alexander and Louis (prn Lou-EE)
    a name nerd lovin' the classics
    an old fashioned girl in a modern world

George ~ Thomas ~ Alexander ~ Harry ~ Louis ~ William
    Eliza ~ Beatrice ~ Louisa ~ Eleanor ~ Harriet ~ Amelia ~ Amelie ~ Rose

Thank you so much, samjaymc! It's always good to hear that somebody else loves the names that you love. I'm no longer able to talk names with my family and friends because they aren't fans of my choices

I should have said, but forgot, that Louis is pronounced Lou-ee not Lou-is.

Thanks, again!
    Meg

I really like your list! I can't see a boy getting picked on for any of these names. If I had to pick my favorite names from your list they would be;
    Edmund
    Henry
    Theodore
    Arthur
    August
    But this list is based purely off what appeals to me most so take it with a grain of salt. With Eleanor, Mable, and Georgia I like Edmund, Frederick, and Theodore best. Personally I like Frederick better in the sibset than alone oddly enough.

~Sweet and Sassy~
    Elizabeth Winona "Elsie" ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo"
    Hildemara "Mara" ~ Lucinda "Lucy" ~ Wilhelmina "Lina" ~ Marilla "Millie"

~Strong and Ornery~
    Gideon Boone ~ Matthias Wesley ~ Cadmar Luke "Cade"
    Malcolm "Cal" ~ Simeon ~ Gilbert ~ Alaric "Lark"

May I just say that you have great taste in names. Most of your names are on my list so I can't disapprove! My favourite boys are the top five you've given - Edmund, Henry, Frederick, Theodore and Arthur - and I think they'd all go equally well with your girl picks.

Other suggestions:
    Albert/Alfred
    Charles
    Hugo
    Oscar
    Toby
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan