Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I second what CVDutch said. My doctor laughed in my face when I asked about the blood test to find out baby's gender. Insurance won't cover it if you live in the U.S., unless there is a sex-linked disorder you could be passing on to your baby. Also, my doctor said 20 weeks was the earliest they would do an ultrasound b/c that is when the major organs can show signs of developmental problems, which is what my doctor is really concerned about, not baby's sex. However, we are paying out of pocket and having one done at 16 weeks to find out the gender. I've also heard you can tell as early as 14 weeks, but baby has to be sitting just right. We don't want to chance it, especially because we are paying out of pocket. Good luck!
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

Thanks everyone. : )

Since I am over 35, hopefully I'll at least be able to get a discount of the MaterniT21 test. I'm going to call the insurance and see what the deal is. Thanks again! : )
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014

Update: My OB/GYN gave me the okay to have the test done when I reach 11 or 12 weeks! The cost doesn't really bother me. DH and I decided it was worth it to take a bit out of our savings acct. So happy it all worked out! But I still have to wait a while...I don't know about you, but I sure hate waiting ; )
    Last edited by carlasworld; August 12th, 2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: a semi-colon isn't the same as an apostrophe ; )
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014

Yay i'm so happy for you that it all worked out and you get to find out so early!!! In saying that though, i'm about to hit 30 weeks and can't figure out where the time has gone, so if you did have to wait a bit longer you'll find you'll be amazed with how fast time passes...
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013