Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you like any names from your favorite book(s)?

Hello berries,
    This is inspired by the nameberry literary blog.
    In the blog you berries listed your favorite names from any books(so you love the name but may not adore the book that much). But now try to do the opposite - think of your absolutely favorite literary works and decide whether you like the names from it or not.
    I'll be first as an Original Poster:
    My favorite book is The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Names from it happen to be my favorites: I adore Sybil and Agatha(and Basil, Dorian, Henry), they fit my style so on my list as well.
    Now your turn: what's you favorite book?(long-time or newly, doesn't matter). Do you like the names used here?
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student ● Writer ● Name nerd

Constance FrancesSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona Verity Esme
    Emrys Basil Atlas Grover LeonardoAlgernonIgnatius Sylvanus

My favorite book is Paper Towns by John Green. The two main characters are Margo and Quentin and I actually really love both of those names. There are two other characters named Marcus and Ben and I like those as well. I honestly think the only name in the book I don't like is Lacey. It's just not my style.

Fun question!
    Erin. 19. Mommy to Reid Christopher. <3

My favorite names:
    Quinn ~ Lyle ~ Dawson ~ Finley ~ Clark

Molly ~ Brynn ~ Eleanor ~ Lydia ~ Maeve

I want to start by saying I LOVE The Picture of Dorian Gray!

Anyways, moving on. It's quite hard for me to pick a favorite book, but I'll go with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Arthur isn't a bad name, but nothing I'd ever pick for a child. Even if Ford Prefect named himself after a car, "Ford" is actually a name I see fitting in with current trends in what not. Tricia is not my style, but Trillian actually sparks my interest (if it weren't oh so similar to trillion). I think I'll leave Zaphod to the aliens.

And of course, the best named character is Marvin, the paranoid android.

http://listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Mark ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Caleb
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Ava ~ Soleil ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah

I'll go with two favorite books, because I have a hard time choosing (they are of decidedly different genres/tones).

Favorite Funny Book: "The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror" by Christopher Moore
    ---Character names I like: Theo(philius), Raziel, Tucker, Lena, Mavis

Favorite Serious Book: "Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden
    ---Character names I like: Chiyo, Koichi, Toshikazu, Nobu, Sayuri

And, by the by, my favorite girl name, Sansa, I first found in the book "A Game of Thrones" by George RR Martin.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

My favorite book Is les mis and most of the names are nms. However I do love Cosette and her name Euphrasie (I think it is spelled like that, and it sounds so pretty in French).
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages.

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas James, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett