Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

He finally agreed!

After years of trying to convince SO to consider my beloved Zuzu, he finally agreed. For me, it has replaced Xanthe Ada as our top name for a future daughter, but he's still pretty set on Xanthe. We'll see.

The problem now is the middle name. I love how Zuzu Ada looks, and Ada is one of the few names SO loves, but I also think it sounds a little weird. Too many repeating sounds. Our next choice is Zuzu Alice. We both love Alice, but I think it looks weird. Not that that really matters, it isn't like I'll be writing out her name just for kicks her entire life.

We're looking for a more traditional name that starts with A, because my SO likes the idea of her initials spelling ZAP. I think it's pretty cute. Any comments and opinions are appreciated. What do you think of Zuzu Alice?
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

Alice Xanthe has the best flow.

I understand wanting to use your absolute favorite name Zuzu, and how great that must feel that you may get to use it. I also see your SO's side. It seems like you're not really giving your SO a choice. It sounds like he feels pressured to give in or you'll be upset. Of course it is your and SO's business how you make the decision. If I were in your shoes, I would only use a name we both felt OK about, even if it wasn't my favorite. You can always use Zuzu as a sweet and quirky middle (Xanthe Zuzu has a cute and quirky feel), or you can use Zuzu as a offbeat nickname for Xanthe.

My favorite option is Xanthe Alice, nicknamed Zuzu.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

raqkel - I didn't badger him relentlessly for years. He likes Zuzu, he just had some trouble imagining it on an adult. We considered Zuzu as a nickname or Xanthe, but it just seemed like too much of a stretch. Thank you for your input!
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

Not a fan of either. Sorry. I can see the appeal of Alice, although I'm not a fan of it myself, but I don't get Zuzu at all.

gabriela - Zuzu isn't for everyone, we were kind of expecting that. Thanks, though.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan