Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

For the berries who have gone through this...how long did you wait until

you decided to try for another baby after a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy? My boyfriend and I just lost our baby this week. They were not sure if I miscarried or had an ectopic pregnancy so either way we took the proper precautions to make sure I stayed healthy and did not lose a tube. My doctor suggested waiting 4-8 weeks before we tried again or after I have a normal cycle. I am just fearful it will happen again and I just wanted to know how long you berries waited.

Thanks in advance.
    TTC Baby #1 Starts Next Month!

This may not be what your asking, as I never tried to conceive, but:

I miscarried once in 2010. I didn't try again.

I got pregnant in late may/June of 2012. I miscarried at 10 weeks. I went on birth control, but got pregnant anyway the next cycle, 6 weeks later. I was TERRIFIED I'd miscarry again. The pregnancy didnt sink in until 4 months. My pregnancy was smooth and my daughter was healthy.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

@leadmythoughts, no that is helpful information. I am just scared it will happen again. So you miscarried twice before having your daughter? I am hoping I never go through this again and my body just prepared itself for a healthy baby. I appreciate you chiming in about your experience even if you didnt TTC it still makes me feel better knowing you now have a healthy daughter.
    TTC Baby #1 Starts Next Month!

Oh Scarlet - I am so so sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you!

I have zero helpful advice on this subject as i've been fortunate enough to never experience it - but i just wanted to express my sympathies & condolences for your loss xxoo

Stay strong!
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

I'm very sorry for your loss. *hugs* I've never had a miscarriage, but my friend had 4 (the last one was at 24 weeks) and is pregnant again. She had some sort of hormonal thing that's been causing it. Each time, her doctor told her to wait a few months, at least 3 or 4, but said that was just so her body had time to heal and recover. She suggested longer than that for the emotional healing.

My friend waiting 4 - 6 months between each one, 8 months this last time as it was so many. She says she couldn't have given each pregnancy her proper attention had she tried again as quickly as 4-6 weeks. She said she needed those months to heal, to let her man heal, to re-strengthen the bonds and foundations of their relationship and to prepare herself mentally for another pregnancy and another possibility of miscarriage.

Wishing you the best. I'll keep you in my mind when I meditate later. *hugs*
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014