Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Things to think about when naming your child something strange

I found this funny but true list of the struggles people face when they have a strange name on Buzz Feed. It is something to think about: The 21 Struggles Of Having An Impossible Name
    So very excited to be expecting our 1st Baby August 3rd Boy: Knox Girl: Avery

Yep all of those are true, but I still love my, what was unique when I was young, name.
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites May 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Clara, Juniper, Jane, Amelia, Arabella, Imogen, Beatrice, Charlotte
    the rest of the girls

William, Morgan, Jasper, Gilbert, Sebastian, Henry, Arthur, Horatio, Aloysius, Edgar
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Imogen Viola,/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

I think "weird" is a matter of opinion, honestly.

I was gifted with a "unique" name and which I hadn't had it when I was a kid. However, it has worked as an Icebreaker all growing up and into adulthood when I explain where my parents came up with YAVANNA, especially considering I was born in a time when everyone was named Jennifer, Heather, Michelle, Stephanie or Christina.

Quote Originally Posted by yreynolds View Post
    I think "weird" is a matter of opinion, honestly.

I was gifted with a "unique" name and which I hadn't had it when I was a kid. However, it has worked as an Icebreaker all growing up and into adulthood when I explain where my parents came up with YAVANNA, especially considering I was born in a time when everyone was named Jennifer, Heather, Michelle, Stephanie or Christina.
    Your name's Yavanna????? I'm considering it for baby#2 at the moment!!

It was a fun read!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I had this problem growing up with the name Eleni. It took my best friend 13 years to learn how to spell my name right. Most of the time, I don't even correct people unless they ask; my friends do. I hated the fact that no one could spell or pronounce my name. But on the plus side, I never got confused with anyone and I was never Eleni P growing up. At least I was an individual. By now, I like that not many people have my name. But when I have kids, I will probably pick a not popular name that people recognize, because I wouldn't want them to be constantly telling people how to pronounce their name. I agree with the poster above, it was an ice breaker for me, explaining what it meant.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Jane | Cecily | Marta | Ariadne | Petra | Elizabeth | Eulalie | Susannah | Margo |

| Linus | Jonas | Basil | Jasper | Augustine | Jude | Thomas | Ezra | Gus | Augustus |

Pondering: | Hermione | Miriam |

Have a fabulous day!