Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Things to think about when naming your child something strange

I found this funny but true list of the struggles people face when they have a strange name on Buzz Feed. It is something to think about: The 21 Struggles Of Having An Impossible Name

Yep all of those are true, but I still love my, what was unique when I was young, name.
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

I think "weird" is a matter of opinion, honestly.

I was gifted with a "unique" name and which I hadn't had it when I was a kid. However, it has worked as an Icebreaker all growing up and into adulthood when I explain where my parents came up with YAVANNA, especially considering I was born in a time when everyone was named Jennifer, Heather, Michelle, Stephanie or Christina.

Quote Originally Posted by yreynolds View Post
    I think "weird" is a matter of opinion, honestly.

I was gifted with a "unique" name and which I hadn't had it when I was a kid. However, it has worked as an Icebreaker all growing up and into adulthood when I explain where my parents came up with YAVANNA, especially considering I was born in a time when everyone was named Jennifer, Heather, Michelle, Stephanie or Christina.
    Your name's Yavanna????? I'm considering it for baby#2 at the moment!!

It was a fun read!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I had this problem growing up with the name Eleni. It took my best friend 13 years to learn how to spell my name right. Most of the time, I don't even correct people unless they ask; my friends do. I hated the fact that no one could spell or pronounce my name. But on the plus side, I never got confused with anyone and I was never Eleni P growing up. At least I was an individual. By now, I like that not many people have my name. But when I have kids, I will probably pick a not popular name that people recognize, because I wouldn't want them to be constantly telling people how to pronounce their name. I agree with the poster above, it was an ice breaker for me, explaining what it meant.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Basil | Tobias | Nico | Abram | Samuel | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helena | Margo | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!