Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help me pick between these 7 boys' names!

We have great girls' names to choose from, but are at a loss for boys' names. Here is our top 7. Which do you like and why? Our last name starts with a V and is hard to pronounce. Thanks!

Phillip
    Lucas
    Nolan
    Simon
    Thomas
    Grant
    Charles

You have some wonderful names on your list. Charles, Thomas and Lucas would be the classic trio I would choose. These names are timeless and they buck every trend and cannot be pigeonholed into any period. If you want something more modern, Grant would be my choice. I prefer the Philip spelling with one l (Phillip looks more like a surname rather than a first name to me).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Phillip - I prefer one L. this name is ok but I don't really like Phil, and Pip is way too cutesy for me.
    Lucas - not my favorite, but ok. has nn options of Luca/Luke.
    Nolan - nice.
    Simon - nice.
    Thomas - I love Thomas, don't love Tom though :/
    Grant - handsome.
    Charles - like Charlie a lot.

Whether you plan to use a nickname or not, and whether you like the nicknames for each, would be a deciding factor for me. With no nicknames, I like Thomas, Grant, Simon, and Nolan. However, with a nickname I would choose Charlie over Tom.

I like Simon because it sounds smart and is not too common, while still being easily recognizable. Also like Grant.

Grant stands out on this list for me. Grant doesn't lend itself to too many nicknames, however. Also like Thomas and Charles.