Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Not sure about DH's choice of name for our baby if its a boy...

My husband is a Dutch descendant, and we have a very Dutch last name.

His grandfather was very precious to him, and he would like to name a our boy(?) after him.
    His name was Adolphus, and DH wanted to use his grandfathers nickname Dolf. I wasn't keen on the Hitler association.
    So I suggested that we name him Wolf as that is the meaning of Adolphus.

DH loves it! He wants to spell it Wulf. I do like it, but I am worried about the repercussions of having such a name growing up?

We are from New Zealand, and I have never heard anybody called that before.

Our DD has the dutch name Saskia.

Please help!

Hmmm... you know, it is a bit out there in my opinion, but I kinda like it. The more I think about it the more I like it. It might take some time for people to warm up to, but it's not too bad! I'm from the USA and I don't know if it would be considered more or less strange here.

It's out there but not awful... But then if your not sure are you going to wake up each morning looking at your baby boy and still feeling uncertain?
    I don't mind Wulf but it doesn't have a sparkle and magic of Saskia.
    What about Ludolf (also Dutch meaning wolf) and. Ludo is a cute nn.

i agree with tuitree...Ludolf could be a good alternative, then you have a variety of nn options too - Lu/ Ludz / Dolf or could always use wolf as a nn too! Love your dd's name, Saskia is beautiful.

I like Wolf, but not Wulf. Wolf is more distinguished. Maybe you could use Wolfgang nn Wolf? It definitely goes well with Saskia.
    Previous account: elrock13