Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Noa vs. Sloane

Noa vs. Sloane

We just can't seem to decide between Noa and Sloane for our 3rd girl. We love them both for different reasons. We picked Noa after my husband's best friend who died tragically several years ago. His name was Noah. We love the fact that Noa is a girl's name in it's own right but we also can honor his best friend. We also like Sloane because it is such a strong name and would be after my grandfather Samuel. Our last name starts with an S and would work great with Sloane. I think both names would require a feminine middle name. Our other daughters our named Layla and Elyse.

Noa Juliet
    Noa Adele
    Sloane Julianna
    Sloane Adele

any suggestions for middle names would be appreciated! Thx!!!!

I LOVE Noa and its meaning, "motion." According to Behind the Name it also means "my love" in Japanese. Sloane's never really done much for me.

I agree that Noa needs a very feminine middle, especially with sisters with distinctly feminine names. I prefer Noa Juliet to Noa Adele, but both work. Would you consider Noa Samantha, Noa Samara, or Noa Samina? Those middles would honor Samuel, so you'd get to honor both men with your daughter's name.

I prefer Noa, Sloane always feels negative to me (mostly because Bridget Jones describes women she dislikes as "Sloane-y")

Noa Juliet is lovely
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I vote for Sloane Adele, because it seems sweet : ) but have you considered the name Noel to honor your friend? It's more girly than your other choices, and seems to fit better with your sib-set. Middle names:

Isla
    Vera
    Soleil
    Zola
    Anna
    Audris
    Damian Joachim-Raphael Benedict-Jude Marius-Charles Dominic

Genevieve Reine-Catalina Lourdes-Madeleine Gracia

Fleur-Carmen-Nouvel-Johanna-Honor-Rafe-William-Arthur-Boden

I love how Sloane Adele sounds!
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them