Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is Jason too outdated?

I hope not. I've loved the name Jason for a long time. When I was younger, I thought it was one of the 'cool kid' names, like Dylan or Logan. I still love it, love the Greek Mythology behind it and that it is recognizable and pronounceable. But is it too 80s or 90s? I've only met one Jason myself, who was a coach of mine, so I don't know what to base it off of. With Jace being so popular right now, does that make Jason the next Jennifer? Or am I being crazy and making a problem out of nothing? All opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Natalia | Jane | Nina |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Tobias | Basil | Nico | Samuel | James | Abram |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Eleanora | Helena | Sylvia | Malachi | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Lachlan | Emerson |

Have a fabulous day!

Quote Originally Posted by hardertobreathe View Post
    I hope not. I've loved the name Jason for a long time. When I was younger, I thought it was one of the 'cool kid' names, like Dylan or Logan. I still love it, love the Greek Mythology behind it and that it is recognizable and pronounceable. But is it too 80s or 90s? I've only met one Jason myself, who was a coach of mine, so I don't know what to base it off of. With Jace being so popular right now, does that make Jason the next Jennifer? Or am I being crazy and making a problem out of nothing? All opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
    i think Jason is a solid boys' name. i like that it is not too popular or overused these days but still a well known name, also bought up to date with the popular 'n' ending & 'J' beginning with current jay/jace nn's. the only jasons' i know is one in his 30's & one who is a radio host in his 50's. both well liked individuals. if you love it - go for it!

I don't think it's too outdated. Where I'm from it's actually been pretty popular as of lately. I think it's a great name!

It sort of screams 80's to me. But who am I to talk? Like, 5 out of 10 of my top 10 fave boys names are just as 80's as Jason. I do love the name Jason also. I think it's certainly useable. Who cares if it's a tad bit dated?

Yes... Its ok but sooooooooo overused in the 80's...that being said i like it it is a solid strong boys name