Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nora Elise... too hard to say? Suggestions?

I posted another thread a few days ago looking for names, and have been looking all day every day since! I think I might like the name Nora (at the moment... Sigh) but I feel like it's a little plain.

I kinda want to jazz/pretty it up somehow. The baby's last name will be both mine and my husbands (17 characters, not including the space) so we don't want to do a middle name.

Is it weird to have 2 first names? Too country?
    Which names work with Nora to give it a prettier feel?

Nora Elise
    Nora Liette
    Nora Valentine

Combo names are good suggestions too... Like Eleanora, Noralee, Noretta, etc.

Double first names are very country to me, I live in the south and grew up with several people who went by two first names. I find Nora Elise a bit hard to say, it kind of all runs together. I think Eleanora is lovely though.
    Currently Loving:
    Rosemary, Ivy, Juniper
    Fox, Griffin

I think Nora Lisette is lovely. Nora Elise is okay, but they are both very demure, mild names. Together, a little bland.
    Also, I have a hyphenated name that is exceedingly long as well as a middle name, so I would let the length the last names bind you.

I'm not generally the biggest fan of two names. I wouldn't say it's southern, but names like Mary Ann, etc., just feel very dated. Almost colonial. That being said, I know a Mary Alice which I think is lovely.
    Combo names are my preference - I love Eleanora. Leonora is another possibility. Also Annora, Honora, Lenora or Lenore, Nordica and Norma.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I don't really understand why you don't want a middle name. They aren't used much, so it wouldn't really get in the way...if you change your mind here are some options you might like. (sorry, I find Nora kind of plain, but Honore is close).
    Honore Allegra
    Honore Lisandra
    Nora Lisette
    Lourdes Nathalia

I think Nora is pretty, and Eleanor is one of my favorites. Alternatives are Lenoire, Sonora, and Leora. For a middle name with Nora, I would suggest:

Laurien
    Laine
    Kathryn
    Dawn
    Oaige
    Eden
    Rhianne
    Moon-sorry, I can't help but like it with Nora
    jacqueline
    Lee or Lynne-Sounds great with Nora and probably belongs to a relative you have
    Elaine
    Belle
    Isabel
    Rose