Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ___ Marilene

___ Marilene

Hi berries!

I'm still not expecting, but I'm having fun with combos all the same! Recently, I rediscovered the name Marilene, and I think it's not only gorgeous, but the perfect honorary name for my family (Aunt Marie, best friend Mary, grandmother Helen, and Aunt Elaine, plus we're French). The problem is, everybody in the US would pronounce it mary-leen or Marilyn, I think anyway. Being part French, I pronounce it mah-ree-ill-enn. (maybe Marileine is the spelling I'm going for?) It's like Marie-Ellen with a French accent. So, like my other unpronounceable favorite Marie-Aimee, I'm designating it to a possible middle name.

I'm wondering what you guys think would go with Marilene, or Marie-Aimee for that matter. I'm a big fan of French Marie- combos, especially in the middle, but they aren't super easy to match. Ideas?
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, and so many many more

I really like Marilene, and was also considering Marilu. Other names I love are Esmerie and Marilyn and Laurien and Darienne. I suggest pciking a name that you can live with no matter how it gets pronounced.

I think it can also be spelled Marlien. This is how Marlien Rentmeester spells it, she has a twin sister Coliena.

I also like alot of Marie- combos.

Marie-Alix
    Marie-Astrid
    Marie-Rose
    Marie-Elisabeth

Marilene can be paired with just about anything.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Euphemia - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Hyacintha - Marigold - Ariadne - Sophronia - Crescentia - Thomasina - Apollonia - Romilda
    Amedeo - Casimir - Lancelot - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Nicodemus
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Tiberius - Romulus - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Wow, Marilene is really pretty! What about Marinette, I know someone with this name and have always thought it to be quite interesting.

I also like;
    Marie Thérèse
    Marie Christine
    Marie Louise
    Twenty-something musician, yogini and name lover who dreams of strolling the boulevards of Paris by day and writing songs by night.

Mes prénoms préfères;

Elodie ~ Sylvie ~ Vivienne ~ Giovanna ~ Beatrice ~ Seraphina ~ Marguerite ~ Edith ~ Cosette ~ Isadora ~

Alexander ~ Marcel ~ Elias ~ Nicholas ~ James ~ Henry ~ Rowan ~ Django ~ Kai ~ Tristan ~ Luca

Ooh, I like Marie-Therese! (pronouncing it the right way, of course) Marie-Louise and Marie-Rose are pretty too!
    I thought of a pretty first name to go with them, finally: I think Maeve Marilene sounds appealing despite the alliteration. And I'll probably be spelling it Marie-Helene, since I found out that Marilene is a contraction of Marie-Helene, and, so long as my future daughter knows that her middle name is French, will be pronounced right. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, and so many many more