Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My mom said this name sounds like a fungal infection...

I really like the name Auden Aurelia for a girl. I called my mom, all excited, and she said it sounds like a fungal infection. Is she right??

Does Auden work for a girl in the first place?

Re: My mom said this name sounds like a fungal infection...

Your mom and my mom should have a drink together. Lol! Auden Aurelia is a beautiful name. Some people just can't handle originality. Auden is fine for a girl. My husband and I made the mistake when I was pregnant of sharing most names with our family. Every name was scrutinized by at least one person. Next time we might keep our choices to ourselves.
    Mama to Vincent Robert "Vince" Age 3. 5th Generation "V" and Henry Donovan "Hanky Pank" "Spanky" 10/27/11.

I first knew Auden as the male poet, but a few years ago I read a book with a female protagonist named Auden and I've thought of it as feminine ever since.

Auden Aurelia is a pretty name!

Auden Aurelia is a lovely name! Auden is one of the few surnames that work for a girl due to its soft and somewhat feminine sound. Your mother will soon get on board when she sees her granddaughter for the first time.
    Don't let anyone's negative comments dissuade you from choosing a name you love! Best wishes!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Oh gosh, it is FAR from it. Auden Aurelia is gorgeous! It absolutely works on a girl, I adore the name Auden. Don't change a thing. From now on, I recommend telling your mom that you will be naming her "tinea capitis" (the name for ringworm/fungus of the scalp, lol) -- this will get her off your back and can be a running joke