Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    mkmlvr - Wow, that's a big list of C names! Will have to work my way through it. Thanks!
    Ashleyjuliette - Cyprus we had once considered but weren't sure if it was too feminine sounding.
    seazuno86 and mclola - I think I might like Conan if not for Conon O'Brien.

More references:
    We liked Cedar but it was already used by friends.
    Cavin/Cavan - was on our list but we weren't sold on it.
    Ciryon - (from LOTR again - KEER-ee-un) is possible but I can't remember if hubby liked it.
    Ciaran - I love even though it's way more popular than I usually like, but hubby does not like it.
    Cynan - I also liked but hubby nixed it.
    Cauthon - From a favorite book series but sounds too much like coffin.

I'm beginning to think we need to avoid name lists altogether and draw solely from books or word lists!
    Last edited by dove14; August 8th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.

My favourites:

Cyrus - Historic, uncommon, not too long but kind of clunky-cool.
    Cassius - I only like it pronounced Cash-us. I don't mind girls' name Cassia either Cass-ee-ah or cash-ah, but this one I like with the NN Cash. A number of historic personages by this name, from abolitionists to one rather famous boxer, and I sort of see it as a counterpoint to current hipster fave Atticus.
    Cillian - I don't particularly like the phonetic spelling Killian, but like the C version which has more of an old-Gaelic feel to it and I think it's pretty cool.
    Corbin - Perhaps you have to like ravens as much as my husband does to see the draw, but I rather like it.
    Caradoc - A bit of a Welsh obscurity, some of the names on your list made me think it might appeal. Arthurian, rare, but phonetic, which is kind of nice.
    Cassiel - An angel name, but far rarer than Gabriel/Raphael etc.
    Carmine - old fashioned Italian, one of the very few colour names I like for boys.

I can think of a few which start with a Ch- that are said more like an h, not with a hard ch as in choo-choo but that's so challenging to English speakers I don't know if you'd want them?

♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Camden
    Castor
    Colby
    Citren
    Claydon/ Clayton

stripedsocks - I really like Cillian and will have to try suggesting it to hubby again. (He vetoed it last time.)
    Ch- names are fine even if they have the softer sound, although I agree it will probably cause pronunciation issues.

southern.maple - Cian and Caspian were on my list previously and shot down by the hubby. Cove is new to me and I'm kind of digging it!