Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I like all the -aiden/-aden names..not love, but like I know that is like the 8th deadly sin to a lot of people, but it doesn't bother me in the least when I see or hear of an Aiden, Brayden, Caden, Zayden, etc born.

I like Neveah, Kyleigh, Sarah (and other names branded "plain"), some "old" names (i.e. Walter, Henry, Mary, Hazel).
    My family hates names like Delilah, Lydia, Leah, Ezra, Tobias, etc... but I love them

Names that are popular that I don't like...well, I will go by what's popular on here, mostly:

Clementine, Arabella, any -ette names (sort of exception of Juilette), Theodore, Margaret, August, Penelope,...any "huge" names..names that are just too much..like goddess/god names, really long names, etc.
    Currently liking:

Girls: Lydia Jeanette, Leah Christine, Aria Quinn, Anna Ruby

Boys: Asa Vincent, Peter Eliot, Anthony Nicholas, Paul Gregory, Luke Mackenize

Thinking about:
    Viva Lux, Luca Daniel, Lorenzo "Enzo", Adah Marie

First off, I like Brayden (but no other -ayden names), and I love both Harper and Emerson (possibly because I know two absolutly precious sisters by these names) even though they get a bad rap on name berry. I also really like Cecelia nn Lia despite its bad meaning.
    Second, I just don't understand Sloane, Bronwyn, Gwendolyn, Blythe or Blanche. They're just not very nice sounds, all very harsh sounding. I also dislike the name Amelia, dispute it's Nameberry popularity and very nice sound, because I knew a really aweful girl by that name.

Jules

Clara Lily, Rose Madeleine, Belle (need mn), Tessa Charlotte. Lucy, Emma, Elsa, Maggie, Lena, Lily, Leah, Lila, Ella, Aria, Annabel, Ivy, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Talia
    Seth Alexander, James (need mn), William Samuel. Luke, Caleb, Leo, Liam, Samuel, Jacob.
    Loving life, God, my family, my friends, books, writing, the ocean and volleyball!
    "The most wasted of days is one without laughter" - E. E. Cummings

Commonly hated names I love...

Boys

Cornelius
    Humphrey
    Harvey
    Jethro
    Virgil
    Ivan
    Augustus/Augustine
    Peregrine

Girls

Agatha
    Greta
    Georgette
    Claudine
    Frances
    Virginia
    Davina
    Bernadette
    Geraldine
    Eugenia
    Augusta
    Millicent
    Bernice
    Aphra

Popular names I dislike...

Boys

William/Liam (this is a big sin on Nameberry! )
    Matthew
    Andrew
    Jaxon/Jaxson (what's wrong with just Jackson?)
    Jayden and pretty well all of the "aiden" family
    Michael (overused)
    Robert
    Elijah (I prefer Eli and almost every other Eli name but not this one)
    Harry
    Christopher
    Jonathan
    Ryan
    Brian
    Names that encourage violence or anti-social behaviour: Hunter, Cannon, Shooter, Ryder, Tripp, Trigg, Rogue, Maverick, Rebel etc...
    Jace
    Bentley
    Brandon
    Cameron
    Carter
    Jordan

Girls

Harper
    Sloane
    Addison/Madison
    Brooklyn
    Kaylee and her rhyming sisters Jaylee, Shaylee and Raylee
    Kayla and her rhyming sisters Jayla, Shayla and Makayla
    Aaliyah and all of her strange spellings
    Mc-Mac names like Mackenzie, Makenna, McKinley etc...
    Alexis/Lexi/Lexus
    Genesis and her sisters Trinity and Serenity
    Scarlett
    Miley and all of her sisters Riley and Kylie
    Mia
    Samantha
    Amanda
    Victoria (I do like Victor for a boy though)
    Lydia
    Sophia (I prefer Sophie)
    Isabella (I prefer Isabel or Isobel)
    Ella/Bella
    Brianna
    Ashley
    Reagan
    Kennedy
    Nevaeh
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Namberry loves the name Bronwyn/Bronwen on a girl and god. I just hate it. Really, really hate it. It doesn't sound feminine to me at all. All I hear is 'brawny' and imagine some lumberjack with an ax. It could be an acceptable boy's name, if not my style, but on a girl? Ugghhhh.

Agatha and Agnes have a nasally 'A' in my pronunciation of them. They just sound like someone's whining, even when they're not. Agatha could be pretty if not for that, but it just kills any appreciation I could have for them. (Which is too bad. Agatha Christie was so awesome)

I like Alexandra, but not the Alex/Lex/Lexi nicknames that come with it. I really don't like the Em-names that are so popular: Emma, Emily, Emmeline, etc.

I don't know why Sloane has such a bad rap! I like it, it's sleek and down to business. That really surprises me that so many people hate it. I also like Harper on a girl, which berries are divided on.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

@alphabetdem Bronwyn was popular here in the 70's can't see it on a little girl. I hate Agnes and Agatha but love nicknames as full names e.g Alfie and Millie and hyphenated names my favourite is the much hated Amelia-Lily.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com