Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    janna – Coraline is pretty, and I love Sarai from your signature. You have some awesome boys' names in there too!

mclola – Celeste and Priscilla are on the list, and Muriel is growing on me, it feels very mermaid-esque.

redwoodfey – yes, practical magic! So sweet of you to remember ^_^ I have the same problem! Led astray by the faerie dust into fantasymagicalunrealisticland. Let's add Muriel and Seffora/Sephora to the "made-the-cut" list.
    You're exactly right…it's So. Hard. I have miles of lists of fantastical magical girls names like Seraphina and Narnia and Illyria and Gwyneira, but Hubs has axed them ALL. I'm surprised Ophelia made it through. The only girls' names he loves are Alice, Wren, and Lyra. For some reason he lets the boys be more exotic. Caspian is actually his favorite, followed by Malachi… he's not too keen on Gideon. I think because of our upbringing, exotic Biblical names are more familiar to him, and most of those belong to the guys. I also think if I were to use Viola or Yvaine, it would be in place of Evelyn, so not actually solving my fifth problem…yikes.
    On to the list!
    Adriel intrigues me, reminds me of Galadriel. Husband likes Isadora, but we have a friend named Isa so it's a no go. Gwendolyn is on the list. Naomi is one of my favorite Bible names, but it's also my sister's name, so that would be confusing. Phaedra, Rhiannon, Rowena (or even Rowan for that matter), and Sarai will be added to the list! I love the look and feel of Salome, Safira, and Tamar, but being the Biblical bad girls that they are, our conservative families would freak. I always have a thing for the bad girls, especially Vashti and Tamar. Sigh.
    I honestly don't think you could overwhelm me if you tried! Thank you SO much for the long list, I so appreciate it!

freya – Another vote for Celeste! She seems to be a popular option!

ottilie – Never apologize for a long list, my darling, they are food to my name-hungry soul
    Arwen, Aura (for a middle), Auryn (Hubs will probably nix this due to a favorite RPG character named Auron), Eira (how does one pronounce Eirawen? AIR-a-win? My mouth gets all tangled trying to say it), Nerina (I vaguely remember Hubby nixing Nerine way back when, so not hopeful that this one will make it), Siofra, and Sylvia (swoon!) have been added to the list. I have some comments on some of the others:

Aurora – love, but new baby in the fam, nn Rory (ew)
    CassiaLOVE, but so close to Caspian which is Hubby's favorite boy name
    Daphne – so tempted, but is it too Scooby-Doo?
    Elara – I'm on the fence. Love that it's a moon! Too similar to cousin Alannah?
    EleriADORE this name, the spelling, the meaning, everything. BUT it's phonetically identical to the trendy unisex Ellery, which just kills it for me.
    EmberOne of Hubby's nicknames for me, so that would get confusing
    Isidora – I might mention this to Hubby since he likes Isadora, but I'm not personally in love with it
    Jasmine – I love jasmine so much, the scent is incredible. I'm concerned that it's become such a popular "down-market" (I hate using that term) name where I'm from. Think Crystal.
    Lamia – isn't this another word for vampire?
    Letitia – Hubby says no, because lettuce -_-
    Lilja – I like this one for the connection to my mom, but Hubs will never go for the spelling
    Maia – I really want to love this, especially for the astronomical connection, but Maia/Maya is just so common where I live.
    Meissa – Same as Maia, but I just see Melissa
    Moria – as in the mines of?
    Myrsina – I adore this name, but he vetoed Gwyneira, so I doubt Myrsina will make it
    Pareesa – adorable name, so cute and fae, but it doesn't seem to fit in the sibset very well
    Saskia – another favorite…I had a huge crush on Saskia Winter for a while, but Hubs nixed her
    SorrelLove in theory, but in practice it sounds like "sorry", and is also quite similar to Sparrow

Thank you so much! Long lists like these seriously make my day ^_^
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

May I just say that ever since the first comment you recieved I have wanted to chime in and say how much I love Fern for you! I think it goes really well with your other middles and I find ferns to be so adorable and magical with their little tendrils all curled up and covered in dewdrops...

Forgive me as I have been asleep for 3 hours and am not fully paying attention. I went as far as to check this thread, but I'm not sure if this has ever been suggested for you before. I just thought of it in passing and decided it was worth getting up over, lol. How do you feel about skipping some of the longer versions and using Gwyneth? I especially like the trio of Alice, Lucia, and Gwyneth together. Just a passing thought. =]
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Girls: Circe
    Boys: Lysander
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zac/Eero/Reeve/Rafferty/Evander/Otto/Ralph/Otis/Rupert

Hattie/Reeva/Matilda/Winnie/Priya/Lola/Indigo/Thea/Mela

amsie - you too? I just think ferns are so magical and faerylike! I prefer Gwyneth to Gwendolyn by far, I'm just worried I won't be able to sneak her past Hubby. He lives in his techie cave and probably has no idea who Gwyneth Paltrow is...maybe if I explain that she's Pepper Potts in Iron Man, he'll see the light?

ella - I used to love Circe, but Hubs has been watching Game of Thrones with me, so I know he's going to think Cersei Lannister and immediately squish the idea. I love the names in your signature! Phoebe Alice is a darling combo! I may have to add Cleo and Felicity to my own list
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____ ~ Tobias _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu

Oh, I love Fern and Gwyneth for you! Here's a question I've meant to ask for a while; how is hubs okay with Ophelia, but not some of these others? Ophelia is usually the name most men shy away from. Just curious!
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014