Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I desperately want to suggest Esclarimond and Trephina, but I will try to find a magic light name for you, something that won't spook hubs too much. Something that goes with those names that belongs in the passage between this world and the realm of faerie.

Yvaine is my favourite for you. Neil Gaiman's Stardust is beautiful and the name is magical yet familiar. I'm sure you've crossed it off before, but it deserves another look. In my opinion.
    Seren/Steren the Welsh/Cornish word for star. Seren was Guinevere's mummy.
    Luthien from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion. I can have Nuvi, you can have Luth.
    Thalia, the chief muse of epic poetry! So beautiful, familiar and magical.
    Emilie, too common for you? I think it fits in though.
    Freyja, Norse Goddess of beauty and fertility and stuff. Also Vanadis, means "the spirit of the vanir".
    Titania, the queen of the faeries.
    Aello/Aello, a harpy, means "whirlwind".
    Alianor is a medieval Frenchie version of Helena.

That's all my pregnancy and Roo's-driving-me-crazy brain can do for now. Good luck, my sweet!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

raevynstar – Cool username! You're right, quirky biblical names intrigue me, they're my favorites for boys. I love nature and word names, but Hubs only agrees to them in the middle. My personal style is very over-the-top and magical but my husband's is very practical so it's hard to find names that work for both of us. I rather like Priscilla and Fern is lovely! Lydia Spring flows beautifully together, but Lydia is not for me.

bibliophile – I like Minerva and Vivien best from your list. Linnea is lovely but we have a new baby in the extended family by this name. I like the sound of Cecelia/Celia (as you can see, I have a thing for the soft C's!) but not the meaning.

cheecheo I absolutely LOVE Story! Astoria nn Story is a huge guilty pleasure for me…can't use it because it's the name of a nearby town

southernbeauty – Rosalind, Miriam, Viola, Genevieve, and Freya are my favorites from your list, although hubs has already vetoed Genevieve and Miriam. My husband actually loves Lyra, and while I'm a HUGE fan of His Dark Materials, I've never been able to fall for her name…it always makes me think of lyres and liars

Otter! Where do you find some of these names! You always manage to pull out new ones I've never heard of. "Magic light" – I love it ^_^ Yes, faerie names! I always need more faerie in my life! Yvaine is still on my list of possibilities for EvieEvelyn is just the default. I'll have to try out some Tolkien names on my husband…perhaps not Luthien because of Lucia, but there have to be some in there that he will go for! Emily and variants are definitely too common here. Freya is on the list (though I know you prefer the other spelling, it would generate an auto-veto from hubby). Seren, Thalia, and Titania have sadly been nixed, and Alianor reminds me too much of Eleanor, which sort of has the same story as Helen. I'm sorry! I really want to love this name, but alas.

Made it to (or already on) the list:
    Priscilla
    Fern
    Minerva
    Vivien
    Story
    Viola
    Freya
    Yvaine
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Alice, Lucia, Ophelia, Evelyn (Evie) and…
    Flora
    Iris
    Bryony

Zion, Caspian, Solomon, Gideon, Malachi and…
    Ephraim
    Tristan
    Griffin

And if it were one big sibset, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Seffora for the girl name! Biblical and quirky-vintage.
    Lucia
    travel. teach. learn.
    20-something, name aficionada
    Sela, Vivian and Bastian "Baz", Fletcher

Just a few...

girls...Jezebel, Blair or Hyacinth.
    boys...Orion, Silas or Breccan

lucylu - I LOVE Seffora! I've only ever seen it spelled Sephora, but that's so closely associated with the makeup brand. I knew Hubs would never go for Tzipporah, so it's awesome to have the softer alternative! And it actually is one big group...my top five for boys' is done and I'm working on finishing up my top five for girls. Griffin is awesome though, he's on my long list

pearlie - Hyacinth is pretty, but I would never use Jezebel. Not only for the Biblical character...where I grew up at least, Jezebel is what people call a wicked woman, someone with no morals, and it's also used to refer to prostitutes. Definitely not an association I want for my daughter. I LOVE Orion, he was on my long list for a boy but Hubby vetoed him. Alas. Still looking for that final girls' name to round out my top five for each gender.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming, pretty please?
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu