Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on Theon?

What are your thoughts on the name Theon?

Do you think it looks too much like The-on?
    Do you think it sounds too similar too Leon?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, but I'm not a fan...first thought was "The on switch or the off switch?", then I thought of freon, neon, Celine Dion. Generally, I dismiss most Th-/-th names anyway...it sounds like a bad lisp to me, and too unattractive for use in a personal name.

I like it! A unique alternative to Theo.

I really like Theon! But then, I love Th- names. You might like Thane and Theron if Theon isn't sitting right.

Do you think it looks too much like The-on? No.

Do you think it sounds too similar too Leon? Too similar? No. Similar, sure. Having a rare name sound similar to a more common name is a good thing. It makes it approachable.
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

As a name, its decent, not bad by any means. I dont think The-on when I look at it or hear it. I think it sounding similar to Leon will only help with pronunciation. If you mean using the two names together though then yes they are too similar.

Personally though, all I can think of is the character from Game of Thrones, who is definitely not a good namesake in my opinion, so that sort of ruins the name for me.

I like Theo, Theron and Thane for alternatives like redwoodfey suggested.