Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If you're afraid for your safety, you need to do it somewhere public. If by it turning nasty you mean that it will escalate into an upsetting verbal fight, you can always choose to leave and tell him you'll continue the discussion when he's calm
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Nah I'm not afraid for my safety, but thanks for the concern though.
    Is it stupid to have our daughter with me? She will be 1 later this month.
    I'm thinking that it might be easier to talk, and calm things down a bit. But I don't want her to be in the middle of a fight or something like that, but I doubt it would happen if I brought her with me
    [B][CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=5]Mikayla[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/B]
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys]mom to Parker Hermione
    due December 11 with #2
    [COLOR="#ff6699"]Nova Felicity[/COLOR] OR [COLOR="#3399cc"]Mason Phoenix[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by mikayla View Post
    Thanks for the advice so far. The thing is, we're expecting #2 and I obviously want him to be a part of the baby's life, and I want both kids to see their father and that side of the family. He kind of knows the reasons behind this, but..well, let's just say that he has some problems and it might get nasty when I tell him about the break up. I'm not sure if I want to sit down with him because of this, but I don't know any other way to do it except having someone else with me but that seems kind of silly

I just wanted to say that if you don't feel safe sitting down with him one-on-one to discuss this (safe in any way: physically, emotionally, et c.) then you should absolutely not feel silly about bringing someone with you. Even if they stay in the next room, just so that there is someone with you who could get you both out of a potentially bad situation. Especially since you're pregnant, you have yourself and baby #2 to think about, so I would absolutely trust your instincts on whether or not you feel comfortable being alone with him in a potentially nasty situation.

Also I would make sure Parker is out of the house. With your parents or his or a babysitter or friend... just get someone to take her so she's not in that situation with you. One less thing for you to worry about, and she doesn't have to hear any yelling or arguing that might happen. And if you can manage it, I would make sure you have a bag of essentials already packed if you're going to stay somewhere else in the interim, so you don't have to try and gather things.

It probably won't be easy, but I think you're going the right thing. Good luck.
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Whitney · Atlas

I see what you mean about keeping your daughter there, but I think it might make things worse if she starts to cry etc, because it just adds another stress to the situation. I think a public outdoor place is a good idea. You have privacy, but it will still probably keep things calm. Also, that way you could bring say 2 people with you, then break off on your own so he doesn't feel ambushed, while still keeping your friends/family close by in case you need them.
    Last edited by mflannery; August 7th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

Please, please do not bring your daughter. It's just not an appropriate situation for a child to have to be in, in any way. She'll get to see her dad again when things are calm, she absolutely does not need to witness this. If you're worried about his level of calmness, do it somewhere public like the pp's said.
    Last edited by cvdutch31; August 7th, 2013 at 10:49 PM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!