Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How often do people use their middle names?

We have almost decided first and middle name combo of two names we both love. It's nice because we can use both names (I have posted about them many times it seems). But most times, the middle name just goes unknown through out life so for those of you who have used your middle name at some point, how and why did you end up using it? Hope this makes sense. Just curious. I keep second guessing our decision. Thanks!

My Nana and my Grandma both use their middle names.
    guinea pig mama to HeTTy . oLGa . eNiD . WiNNie

GRaCe . JuLia . KiTTy . MaRGo . NaDia . PoLLy
    HuGo . iGoR . JoHN . RoRy . SaMSoN . ToBy

I think it's mainly: birth/adoption announcements, graduations, wedding invitations, government forms & monograms. Most of the time it will be first and last names only. If you can imagine it on those things and are happy then go with it!

I use mine all the time. My name is Mary Grace and I love it. When people say just "Mary" it feels like someone calling an Elizabeth "Elizab" or a Samantha "Saman" or an Abigail "Abig". I do have to correct people who say "Mary" or say "Mary Kate/Mary Beth/Mary Alice/Mary Catherine/Mary Jo/Mary Ellen/Mary Anne", but it's not that big of a hassle. I get compliments on it and I just generally enjoy my name.

Yeah, the names we chose do not flow well enough to be saying it together all the time. It is hard to decide which name we like better for the fist name! We like the both equally but one is more popular than the other.