Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A first name for Theophania

My love for the name Theophania is growing more and more every day, and I think I really would like to use it for a future daughter. DH says no as a first name -- and it would stick out with our planned "classic" sibset, anyway -- but he likes it a middle. The problem is that I don't really care for it as a middle with our current top girls' choices, Catherine and Elizabeth, because of the shared "th". We're pretty set on Catherine Ophelia for a first daughter, so I'd like to find a name to replace Elizabeth for a second daughter. Here are some ideas I've come up with:

Zoe Theophania - My absolute top choice! DH vetoed Zoe the first time we talked about names, but that was because this past year he had a Zoe in one of his classes, and she wasn't the most model student, to put it politely. Maybe by the time we have a second daughter the association with the "bad" Zoe will have faded? Hopefully?

Mary Theophania - Mary is one of his favorite names. It's not really a favorite of mine, but I do like it, especiallly with Theophania. I was thinking I could sometimes call her Mary Theone as a nickname. (Theone is the nickname I would use if I could use Theophania up front.)

Isabel Theophania - With Elizabeth out of the running, Isabel seems like a natural choice to take her place. (And, no, I don't care about the popularity.)

Penelope Theophania - Yes, it's long, but I prefer long names, and our last name is only one syllable anyway. Maybe a bit "p" heavy, though...

Daphne Theophania - DH's favorite "Greek girls' name that ends with 'e'" name. I adore it, too, but I'm not crazy about both names having a "ph".

Veronica Theophania - Normally I stay away from combos where both names end with an "a", but this one doesn't sound so bad, and if I don't get to use one of my beloved "Greek 'e'" names, a "V" name would be a great substitute.

Charlotte Theophania - Not sure if I want to use another "C" name, and Charlotte kind of rhymes with my name (Margaret), but this combo is rather pretty.

Eve Theophania - Eve is pretty much the only one syllable girs' name I adore, and I think it sounds lovely with Theophania.

What do you think of these combos, and which do you like best with siblings William Balthazar and Catherine Ophelia?
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I love Daphne Theophania. I don't think the "ph" is a problem. Daphne, William and Catherine are great together.
    My second choice would be Eve, but with your one-syllable last name I don't think it would sound as nice. What about Evangeline, Genevieve, Maeve/Maeva, Evanthe, Geneva, or Eveline with nickname Eve?
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    I love Daphne Theophania. I don't think the "ph" is a problem. Daphne, William and Catherine are great together.
    Heh, I go back and forth on the "ph" thing. Daphne Ophelia was one of my favorite combos when we first started talking names when I was pregnant with Liam, so I obviously didn't have a problem with it then, but it's bugging me now for some reason with Daphne Theophania. Maybe because all the letters in Daphne except for the "D" are in Theophania? I don't know. But I really do love Daphne...

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post
    My second choice would be Eve, but with your one-syllable last name I don't think it would sound as nice. What about Evangeline, Genevieve, Maeve/Maeva, Evanthe, Geneva, or Eveline with nickname Eve?
    I think Eve sounds fine with our one syllable surname (although it would have sounded terrible with my one syllable maiden name), but your suggestion of Genevieve is intriguing me. I've always loved that name, but never really considered using it before. Genevieve Theophania... I rather like that! I also like Evanthe and Evangeline, but I know DH would never agree to Evanthe as a first, and Evangeline seems to push the religious nature of Theophania (associated with the feast of Epiphany) over the top.

Thanks!
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

I love Charlotte Theophania! I don't think I would worry about another "C" as Catherine and Charlotte have different beginning sounds. My second favorite is Penelope

With a William and Catherine, I envision a sister named:

Amelia Theophania
    Alexandra Theophania (might be a mouthful)
    Beatrice/Beatrix Theophania
    Lucy/Lucille Theophania

Quote Originally Posted by meg07 View Post
    I love Charlotte Theophania! I don't think I would worry about another "C" as Catherine and Charlotte have different beginning sounds. My second favorite is Penelope

With a William and Catherine, I envision a sister named:

Amelia Theophania
    Alexandra Theophania (might be a mouthful)
    Beatrice/Beatrix Theophania
    Lucy/Lucille Theophania
    I think Penelope is my second favorite combo after Zoe, so I'm glad you like it! And you're right about the "C" thing, although I suppose if we really wanted to avoid matching initials, we could just spell Katherine with a K, although I don't like it as much as Catherine....

As for your suggestions, I'm really liking Lucy Theophania! I think she'll go on the list. I love Alexandra as well, but our top choice for a second son is Alexander, so that's not an option. Amelia's ending is too match-y with Theophania, but she reminds me of Emily, which is another name I'm putting on the list. Beatrice just isn't my style.

Thanks for your help!