Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    What about Emilia, Adelaide or Amelia?

I'm looking for advice more than suggestions. It's hard for me to connect with random names in a list, but thank you.

Have you considered just taking a break from names? Meet your baby first and then decide. If you're this torn and unsure about names it might help to wait. I think you'll be able to visualize better what the name would look like on your baby when you're actually holding the baby in your arms. I don't think there's any rush in picking a name right away if it's upsetting you this much. I think it's more important to have a name you love than to announce a name to your family after you deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by watzmann View Post
    Have you considered just taking a break from names? Meet your baby first and then decide. If you're this torn and unsure about names it might help to wait. I think you'll be able to visualize better what the name would look like on your baby when you're actually holding the baby in your arms. I don't think there's any rush in picking a name right away if it's upsetting you this much. I think it's more important to have a name you love than to announce a name to your family after you deliver.
    We don't have time to take a break :/ At my hospital, you have to have a name before you leave. And if I have a natural birth, I'll be in the hospital for maybe just one day. And I'd feel horrible if my baby didn't have a name for a while. I feel like a name is such a pivotal part of your identity and not having a name... I'd hate to just refer to my baby with pronouns for days while we decide. It just doesn't feel right to me. Plus, it's normal in my area to pick out a name in advance, and people already think it's weird that I don't have a name. I've had people who want to get a "congratulations" card, but we don't have a name for them to write in it. I *need* to have a name prior to the birth.

Quote Originally Posted by leominor View Post
    We don't have time to take a break :/ At my hospital, you have to have a name before you leave. And if I have a natural birth, I'll be in the hospital for maybe just one day. And I'd feel horrible if my baby didn't have a name for a while. I feel like a name is such a pivotal part of your identity and not having a name... I'd hate to just refer to my baby with pronouns for days while we decide. It just doesn't feel right to me. Plus, it's normal in my area to pick out a name in advance, and people already think it's weird that I don't have a name. I've had people who want to get a "congratulations" card, but we don't have a name for them to write in it. I *need* to have a name prior to the birth.

How about going back through your threads and making a list of names that you like, you don't have to love them, but pick out the ones you like at first glance. Give the list to your boyfriend and have him rank the names and see what you come up with.

Are there any girl names you love, but can't use for some reason? Try to figure out what it is about that name that you love. Style? Origin? Length? # Syllables? Ending?